Twenty Three

Skylar's POV

My parents always told me never to answer calls or open texts from unknown numbers. I've always obeyed.

But when I received one, a text from an unknown number, during my Chemistry class, I got way too paranoid to not open it.

Mr Nicholas was pacing in front of his desk, his hands waving around as he tried explaining what and what not buffer solutions could do if we ever tried ingesting them. Or something along those lines.

Point was, I wasn't really paying attention to it. Unlike Hanna sitting beside me, I wasn't even taking any notes. One way or another, my mind would wander to something entirely else. Like why the kid in front of me was tapping his foot repeatedly. Or why Mr Nicholas's hair was standing up at the back of his head.

That's exactly when I felt my phone vibrate.

I knew we were practically forbidden to use mobile phones during lectures, especially Chemistry lectures. But I had this sudden urge to check my phone, and so I slowly took it out and unlocked the screen.

There it was. An unknown number.

Mr Nicholas wasn't looking at me and neither was anyone else. I quickly opened the text and read it.

If I asked you to meet me somewhere, would you say yes?
-Blake.

I found myself typing a reply just as quick. I was so crazy.

Me: I don't know you.

Unknown: I just wrote the name, silly.

Him calling me silly was so not welcomed. I frowned and glanced up at Mr Nicholas. He was still not looking my way.

Me: Excuse me, but you are not supposed to text me.

Unknown: sorry, sweetheart.

Was this guy for real? Did he have a thing where he loved to piss people off?

Me: I don't know you. Fuck off.

Unknown: Ouch.

Unknown: So about the question I asked earlier?

I found myself staring at the screen. How did Blake get my phone number? I suppose if Caden could get it without even asking me, Blake could too. Creeps.

Unknown: What if I tell you everything?

Me: What everything?

Unknown: every question you want answered. The gangs, the rivalry, my family.

He was shitting with me. I wish there was an option to whack someone across their face through your phone screen alone.

Unknown: I can answer all the questions that you have.