*Epilogue*

A YEAR AND A HALF LATER

I knock unnecessarily on Harry's office door, a gentle tap on the frame to let him know I'm here but he doesn't look up.

His face is creased in a deep frown, the tip of a pen sucked lightly between his lips as his eyes dart across a page before he flips it over once, then twice, as if he can't seem to comprehend whatever is right in front of him.

He looks so damn cute all flustered and confused. It doesn't happen to him often but when it does, it stirs something inside me that wants to smother him in love.

"Am I going crazy or is clause 17.2 not in this report?" he mumbles.

I smile to myself, his question rhetorical, as he throws down his pen and paper in a huff, his green eyes finally finding mine and they roll back into his head when they see my amused look.

"You know, you're kinda cute when you're angry," I tell him, locking the door for some privacy before taking a seat on his desk in front of him and he exhales a laugh through his nostrils.

"So you keep telling me," he jokes, reaching up to kiss my mouth.

We have been through a lot of change since my father and brothers were charged. Testifying against them was probably the most difficult thing I've ever done, but at the end of the day, and with Harry's support, I realised that what they did was wrong and justice was always coming for them.

I have to admit I was relieved when they received suspended sentences. As selfish as it is, the thought of them in prison would have eaten me alive with both guilt and concern. Despite this, I haven't spoken to any of them since.

They were all fined, a substantial amount, and prohibited from running a company for ten years. The ownership of Patterson & Sons was transferred to other board members, but in the end, the confidence from the consumer was far too ruined to continue.

It took me about six months to agree to join Harry in restoring his father's RT Property to its former glory.

Harry and I had a lot of repairing to do ourselves, to our relationship and the trust broken but when I realised I didn't want to trudge through the muddy waters of life without him, everything seemed to slowly fall into place.

"You really shouldn't work so hard, babe, I hear it's bad for your health," I tease as I slide down on his lap, my legs dangling over one side as my arms circle around this neck.

"Easy for you to say, Princess. Hardly stressful saving the world," he jokes and I throw my head back in laughter.

"That's true, Alexa Patterson - Philanthropy Manager is far more relaxed than she used to be," I kid back and he hums into my smiling lips as he kisses me again.

"Perfect, except Alexa Styles sounds better."

I subconsciously touch the band of my engagement ring with my thumb, the grin spreading across my face at the same pace as his.

Shedding my surname will relieve me of the final cross I bear that my family imposed on me and just the thought of it makes me feel lighter.

Harry's hand smooths over the shape of my thigh as he cheekily dips his tongue into my mouth and he squeezes my waist, pushing hips up slightly in his chair, seemingly just as excited at the prospect of our future plans.

Our slow mouths move quicker, building to fiery heat that I've become to expect, our tongues brushing together and I find confidence in his tiny moans as I push my arse down into his lap, my fingertips brushing through his hair.

"Need you," he whispers. "Is Katie going to storm in and ruin our fun?"

I shake my head as his hands become impatient, hooking under me and lifting me to stand before spinning me around to face the desk, my hands catching my body as his speed throws me off guard.

"She's on lunch, and I locked the door anyway."

"Came in to seduce me, huh?" he purrs as he kisses my neck and he fumbles with his belt buckle.

"Maybe," I smirk, trying not to pant from anticipation as I hear his trousers hit the floor and his needy fingertips bunch my skirt up around my hips.

"Good," he smiles into my skin while his hands roam, rubbing gently without specific rhythm along my heat and back down over my behind, my mind losing focus on anything other than his teasing touch.

I bite down into my lip as I hear him pumping himself, his other fingers trailing up and down where the thin fabric of my underwear separates him from what he wants.

Without warning, I feel the material pull to the side and before I can brace myself Harry is pushing into me, my tight muscles taking him in with a delicious sting.

He stops to gather his composure, mumbling an, "okay, baby?" before pulling out and slamming into me with a grunt.

I'm out of breath from the force and the thrill of being interrupted by a ringing phone or a knock at the door.

My hands are spread open on the glossy desk in front of me, Harry's left hand resting over mine in an act of romance or reminder of the ring he gave me along with a lifetime of promises.

"Love you," he whimpers softly, a contradiction to the pace he is increasing and I am grateful for his other arm snaked around me to keep me steady.

The support is short-lived as he creeps his finger down to rub hastily at my most sensitive point and I can't control the moan that escapes my lips.

"As much as I love hearing you, baby, and I really, really love it, you gotta keep quiet," he warns without a falter in his hips.

I bite down on my lip a little harder as I start to lose my resolve, Harry growling encouragement through gritted teeth.

"Oh God. Don't stop," I think I hear myself say but the thumping pulse in my ears and the bubbling in my belly drowns it out.

I come hard and fast, the rush of lava overflowing and flooding my veins as I fall down the rabbit hole, my vision blank and euphoria taking over before I feel Harry thrusting sloppily and stilling, his body collapsing with a heavy huff against my back.

His fingers curl through mine, his lips urging me to lean back and kiss him lazily as we catch our breaths, the smirk that used to drive me crazy planted firmly on my face.

"That was a little risky," I giggle into his mouth, the reality of having sex, while our staff sit only steps away, starting to creep in.

"I'm nothing if not ambitious, baby." 

A/N:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all your unwavering support and love for Lexi and Harry!

I loved writing this story!

Follow me for more Harry stories to come!!

Love Ruby

X