30

The pitter patter of the rain often broughtup a sorrow environment, the companion for every lonely and shattered heart. But for Jeongguk, it's a whole different story. He didn't hate rain, but he didn't love it either. Rain on winter made him want to stay under the duvet even more, not wanting to lift even a limb as if every drop of rain was like a harness that tied his being to the bed. Turning his head, he saw Hyun who was still in his dreamland, lips slightly agape with his chest heaving up and down. How he wished he could be Hyun at the moment, living a life without considering responsibilities and all.

With a heavy heart and a loud groan, Jeongguk finally managed to sit up on the bed, his messy bed hair and the fringe falling over his eyes prevented him to have a better look of his surrounding. The blurry eye sight made Jeongguk want to throw himself onto the bed again but knowing the consequence (where he would never wake up again), he forced himself to get on his feet, hissing the moment his bare soles touched the cold floor.

Despite his carelessness when it comes to living, Jeongguk was someone who did care about his look. He loved wearing comfortable clothes, loved to be clad in an outfit which screamed boyfriend instead of model on a runway. Today was the starting of a new semester and he wanted to look presentable as much as he could. With a khaki winter jacket and a white sweatshirt underneath to complement the black jeans, with a faint scent of Gucci Flora lingering his body (he preferred floral scent over the masculine one), Jeongguk was good to go.

But the main problem was, waking Hyun up.

Jeongguk was relieved that he decided to wake up early today. He had one and a half hour before the first lecture started so he had more than enough time to manage Hyun.

"Hyun." Jeongguk poked his cheeks, squishing them slightly thus causing the boy to stir on the bed. A breathless chuckle left Jeongguk's lips when Hyun frowned, clearly annoyed to be squished. "Hyun, wake up. We need to get ready." This time, Jeongguk sat on the edge of the bed, caressing Hyun's thigh gently until the boy's eyes opened slowly. Hyun's brows furrowed upon the morning light hitting his corneas but the moment he noticed the smiling Jeongguk's existence across him, he broke into a faint gummy smile.

"Good morning~" Jeongguk sang song before he nuzzled his nose into the crook of Hyun's neck. The little boy's laugh erupted and echoed through the bedroom, putting Jeongguk's heart at ease to know that Hyun was in a good mood today. Things like undressing Hyun was no longer a problem as he could do it swiftly now, hands moving skilfully to pull Hyun's pants down before he made the baby stand up. Pressing a peck on those cheeks, Jeongguk proceeded by carrying the boy towards the bathroom, sitting him on the countertop as he prepared the bath.

"You will be a good boy, right?" Jeongguk mumbled as he pulled his sleeves up, not wanting to get himself drenched because sometimes Hyun could be so excited during his bath time. "Daddy will fetch you as soon as I can but promise me you won't cry, okay?" Hyun squealed the moment his bare skin made contact with the warm water, arms stretched out to take a full grab on Jeongguk's sweatshirt. "No! Don't pull my shirt, Hyun! Daddy have class to attend!"

Hyun cackled upon Jeongguk's scowl which of course, didn't take much time to extinguish the sparks of anger building inside him. What's better than seeing Hyun laughing heartily and those two small bottom teeth? Nothing. Literally nothing.

After minutes of squealing and splashing water, Jeongguk was finally done cleaning the boy and now, he had to struggle putting the clothes on Hyun. Maybe luck was on his side that morning when Hyun remained lying on the bed, too focus on the rubber duckling he took from the countertop earlier to even bother to roll over and move around.