17. Ghoul Hunters...

Y/n's POV

After Jack and I went down for dinner, I kinda lost my appetite. Slender doesn't know my body now rejects human flesh and will make me eat it. I sighed as I trudged down the stairs but I guess Jack heard and draped his arm over my shoulder.

"You ok baby?" He asked and I nodded slowly, looking down and fidgeting with my fingers. Jack gave me a skeptical look but the shrugged it off, racing for the dining room. Someone's hungry. I finally made it to the room only to find Jack talking to Slender. I tensed up. What is he telling him? I was soon bought out of my thoughts but someone hugging my leg. I looked down to find little Sally smiling up at me.

"Hey Y/n!" She beamed and I smiled down at her before crouching down to her level.

"Hey Sally. How have you been?" I asked, ruffling her hair a little. She giggled and nodded happily.

"I'm good! How about you?" She asked and you nodded, smiling at her cute face. She giggled again and ran off to a seat. I followed and sat between Clockwork and Jeff, Jack opposite me. 

"Hey little miss ghoulie." Jeff greeted and I turned to look at his face with the permanent smile.

"Hi.." I mumbled and he lent back in his chair.

"How has life been with Jack over there?" He asked, gesturing over to Jack talking to Toby and I nodded.

"It's been fine. Why do you ask?" I questioned and he shrugged before leaning forward, tracing the table with the tip of his blood soaked knife.

"Just curious. You have been avoiding him a lot lately. Why is that?" He stated/asked and I tensed up, trying to think of an excuse. No one can know, not until I'm ready.

"Uhhh... I've just been... thinking that I need to give him some space!" I replied, and he raised an eyebrow.

"Space?" He repeated as a question and I nodded vigorously.

"Yeah, I've been clingy as fuck so I decided to lay off a bit." I replied and he gave me skeptical look before shrugging. I sighed and lent back before I felt a head rest on my lap. I squeaked and looked down to find Jeff's dog, Smile, sniffing my stomach area before growling, which unfortunately caught Jeff's attention again.

"Smile leave her alone." He commanded but he kept growling at me, making me nervous. Smile then barked at Jeff. "Ugh what?" He snapped and Smile nudged my stomach. Making me even more nervous. Jeff rolled his eyes and tapped Smile's nose with his finger. "I said, leave her alone." He said lowly, but Smile wouldn't listen and kept nudging my stomach. "Ok Jack, what the fuck is wrong with your girlfriend?" He asked, catching Jack's attention.

"What do you mean?" Jack asked, confused and Jeff looked down at the persistent animal.

"Smile keeps growling at her and nudging her stomach." He stated and I saw Jack tense up, as did Jeff apparently. "Ok that's it!" He yelled before moving Smile's snout and put his hand on the part Smile's was growling at before quickly bringing his hand back. "What the fuck?? Did you eat something that's still alive??? It's moving!!" He yelled, catching everyone's attention. I looked around at everyone's faces before getting up and bolting out the room. I heard people shout after me but I ran to the door and ran out as fast as I could.

I ran and ran, getting stabbed in the feet by rocks and sticks, I was in such a rush I forgot my shoes, but I didn't care. I just wanted to get away from everyone's stares. I told Jack a ghoul being pregnant would cause a few difficulties, but he was so happy that I tried to handle it alone. The eating problems... The possible miscarriage... The constant movements which is what Jeff felt... Everything... But he just wanted a family and I love him so much that I wanted him to be happy and give him a family... I was so lost in thought I didn't look where I was a huge rock and tripped, landing face first into the dirt, getting scratches all over. I weakly got up to my knees and just sat there.