22: genital lice

when devon finally composed herself and detached herself from michael, she announced the reason why she wanted michael to stay with her.

"i promised someone that i'd introduce you to her, and she's been dying to meet you," she explained, tugging michael out the door behind her.

"who is this someone?" michael wondered, following devon out the building and onto the busy streets.

devon twisted around, giving him a mischievous smile. "you'll see."

they walked a few blocks north, making a few turns here and there. michael had completely lost track as to where he was and was hoping that devon wasn't leading him into some dark alleyway to kill him. after much walking, they entered another large apartment building that was much nicer than devon's, with cold marble floors a huge chandelier hanging in the lobby.

"who lives here?" he asked incredulously, looking around in wonder.

"you'll see," devon repeated, taking the elevator up to the second floor.

she started knocking on a door, and michael could hear someone shuffling around on the other side. suddenly, a tall girl with dark brown hair answered the door with a smile on her face. "dev!" she squealed, rushing into devon's outstretched arms.

michael stood there awkwardly, not sure whether he should speak up or let the two girls embrace. turns out devon made that decision for him as she grabbed his hand and looked at the girl expectantly.

"marina, this is michael, my new boyfriend. you know, the one that you told me to shut up about. michael, this is marina, my best friend, partner in crime, and the only other human being on this planet that i can tolerate besides you."

he cocked his said to the side. "marina... like marina and the diamonds?"

marina scoffed and shook her head. "please, honey. the only diamonds i got are these," she said, pointing to her boobs.

michael shifted uncomfortably as the two girls laughed together. "iconic," he muttered, stepping into her apartment building.

"would y'all like any drinks? some snacks? a condom?" marina stepped around them as they sat on the couch, and michael froze in his spot at her words. he stared at her in shock and disbelief while devon simply giggled.

"we... i... uh..." michael stammered, shaking his head back and forth slowly. "we haven't..."

"chill, you're acting like you just found out that you have genital lice. it's a quote from mean girls, which devon told me you haven't seen yet..."

michael gulped. shifting further into the couch. "i'm not really into chick flicks. i'm more of an action type of guy. it's more manly. it's more punk rock."

"michael, we've discussed this. just because your hair is green and you wear ripped skinny jeans does not mean you're punk rock." he shot devon a glare, to which she returned with a smirk.

"awwww, you guys are so cute. hashtag otp?" marina chimed in, ignoring both glares that were redirected towards her. "your ship name can be...dichael. it sounds like dyke; it's perfect."

michael burst out laughing, not being able to contain himself.

the trio chatted and ate for a while as michael became more familiar with the new girl. he really liked marina and he could see why she was best friends with devon. they had a certain sassy yet hilarious trait about them. he knew that him and marina would get along well.

"well michael's gotta be home soon before he becomes a dickhead, so we should probably leave," devon said sadly, not bothering to elaborate.

"wait, here's my number before you leave! just in case," marina said quickly.

michael gave her his phone and she entered her number, sending herself a text. "now we can be best friends."

"sorry, he's taken," devon said, only semi-joking. with that, she pushed michael out the door and hugged her best friend goodbye.

-

this whole exchange was so awkward and the ending was complete shit but oh well

school starts TOMORROW I CANT BREATHE

lord send me a ton of bricks so i can throw one at each person at my school