SIX

The day dragged on, the only class Gigi had shared with her new friends had ended

The day dragged on, the only class Gigi had shared with her new friends had ended. She hadn't really paid attention to much of her classes that led up to lunch. Her mind kept going back to the talk she'd had with Ben and then Rapunzel.

The Rapunzel, the enemy of her so called mother had pitied her. Gigi didn't know how to feel about it.  She'd grown up hearing about how terrible Rapunzel had been. How Mother Gothel could have won if Rapunzel hadn't fallen in love, because to her falling in love was pointless, falling in love was unimportant. Falling in love was weak.

Gigi had let it sink in for a moment, before going off to her other classes.

Time seemed to have slowed. Her day was moving at a snail's pace. She'd gone through her class on History of Woodmen and Pirates now taught by Peter Pan himself, who'd wanted to keep an eye on his daughter.

She'd then had Life Skills without Magic with the Good Fairy Merryweather, a class she shared with Mal and Evie. Though she hadn't paid attention and would later ask Evie for the notes they'd taken. Why she needed to know how to balance a checkbook. She'd never had to on the Isle, and the three reformed villain kids tried to understand what was going on but had failed miserably. And none of them wanted to ask the teacher for help, because it was much too late, the midterms were drawing nearer. It would seem foolish that they were asking for help now.

She then went to her last class before lunch, Mathematics, a class she shared with Mal and Jay, where they tried to figure out how to solve the equations but had ended up asking Evie and Carlos for help because the two of them knew what they were doing.

"I don't get it." Mal whispered, as the teacher Merlin, went on about how to solve x. "What's the point of solving for x when it's a letter?"

"I don't know." Gigi was whispered back. "It seems that it's important and should know how to do it."

"We didn't have to do this on the Isle." Jay said. "I don't get why they do it here."

"We weren't even requited to show up to school in the Isle." Gigi said. "But here it's different and we have to try to fit in."

"But fitting in is hard." Mal said. "I liked running around and screaming boo and making people leave me alone. Not being followed everywhere."

"This is Auradon." Jay said. "We're going to have to play by there rules. And we're going to have to prove them wrong by showing them a VK can do everything they can do. To show were just as good as them."

"Or maybe better." Mal said. "But I don't like being followed around everywhere I go. It gets tiresome."

"We're the Isle kids." Gigi said. "They still don't know they can trust us and are following us just to see if we mess up. But you're the King's girlfriend, so it's different."

"I guess." Mal said, with a sigh.

"Gigi!" Merlin called as their eyes shot up to look at him. "If you know what you're doing why don't you model a question for the class?"

Gigi stared at the board, not knowing how to solve the equation.

"Maybe she just go back to the Isle." A girl that Gigi didn't know, whispered.

"X times x squared minus four." Gigi said as she wrote the answer on the board, though she had no idea how she'd figured it out.

"Good." Merlin said as the bell rang and students filed out the door. "Don't forget to do your homework."

Gigi picked up her bag slinging it over her shoulder as she Jay and Mal exited the classroom.

"Wow." Mal said. "You did it. How?"

"I don't know." Gigi said. "I just did it without really thinking about it."

The three of them walked into the cafeteria, picking up a tray and filling it up with food before going to the courtyard to meet with their friends.

Mal sat in between Evie and Ben, as Gigi and Jay took a seat next to Carlos and Maddie. Pandora and Talia sat at the shorter ends of the table, with Crystal and Ally siting across from them. They are in silence until the daughter of Captain Hook showed up, sitting next to Evie and the daughter of Dr. Facilier sat next to her.

"Hey!" CJ said, tapping her nails on the table. "Why are you so quiet?"

"I don't know CJ." Crystal said. "Maybe we want to eat our food without talking?"

"Well that's boring." CJ said. "Is sit with Jane and them but their always spewing gossip and it gets boring hearing them say the same things over and over again."

"I thought you liked gossip." Mal said. "You were one of the biggest gossipers in the Isle."

"Well yeah." CJ said. "One of them. Who do you think was the biggest?"

Mal remained quiet as the aura around her radiated anger, as if saying the name of whoever it was would cause her to burst. Evie looked down at her tray as the tension in the air seemed evident to everyone but CJ.

"What did I say?" CJ said as Freddie elbowed her in the side.

"Stop talking Calista Jane." Freddie said as CJ scowled.

"I don't like being called that." CJ said. "Why do you think I make everyone call me CJ?"

"CJ stop talking." Gigi said, picking up her apple and biting into it.

"What is it going to kill you to say her name?" CJ said.

"I'm not saying it would." Mal said. "Sam knows she was the biggest gossip on the Isle, and she liked that. But that's not why I didn't want to say her name."

"Oh because Evie still hasn't made up with her." CJ said. "Because it's much too late now. She'll hold a grudge for a week and if you don't do anything to fix it in the week she'll hold it upon you for the rest of your life."

"Whose Sam?" Ben asked. "I keep hearing you say her name."

"Evies half sister." CJ said. "I'm sure you knew that already."

"I didn't." Ben said.

"Yeah Evie probably doesn't want to talk about her."

"Just stop Okay?" Evie said, getting up.

Mal, Gigi, Jay and Carlos shared a look.

"We'll be back." Gigi said as the four of them went to console their blue haired friend.