New day.. And new students?

MARINETTE'S POV

'Marinette? Marinette!'

I pull something over my head, anything to block the blinding light.

'Wake up!' Tikki says near my ear, 'Adrien is here!'

Upon hearing his name, I shoot up and rub my eyes quickly. I look around me, dazed, recalling last night's events as I take in the view off my balcony. Tikki is laughing.

'I'm so sorry, Marinette,' she says between gasps for air, 'It managed to wake you up though,'

I pretend to scowl. I mean, obviously I am a little disappointed, but at least I have enough time to get ready.

What to wear, what to wear?

It's the first day back this year, and I want to make sure i have the perfect impression in front of Adrien. And everyone else, of course.

It's still freezing as well. Not cold enough for there to be any snow, unfortunately, but cold enough to casually freeze to death in class.

I rummage through all the clothes i recently sew. Well, I didn't actually sew them, but Alya and I spent the entirety of winter break revamping our closets and just updating our style.

After a while of deliberation, I settle on a half-sleeve deep purple cardigan, which I actually trimmed down. Paired with my old plaid skirt, which is quite short (hopefully I don't get done for dress code) and some dark tights, I actually look halfway decent.

I pack my new school bag my parents got me for Christmas, throw a woolen scarf over my head and a cute dinky little bracelet Alya got me for New Year. A quick brush through my hair and a little mascara, and I'm leaving the house, waving to my parents.

As I step down the stone slab stairs, I am full on bombarded by flashing cameras and screaming people

How did I forget about this?

'Miss Dupain-Cheng! How do you react to the allegations made against your good friends, Ladybug and Chat Noir?' (IF YOU HAVEN'T READ BOOK ONE, READ IT NOW!)

I ignore these comments. All the happiness is drained out of me when I remember the release later today.

I push through the crowd and speed walk to school, blanking the reporters trying to keep up with their microphones. As I reach the gates, I shake my head when asked the same, repeated question.

No comment.

'Girl, you look amazing!' Alya appears besides me and I greet her as we make our way to class.

'Remember your new year's resolution!' She says in a sing-song voice, winking as she pushes the classroom door.

I roll my eyes. Alya made my new year's resolution (to be in a relationship with Adrien) for me. As we walk inside, we join the girls discussion.