Kindle

Sequel to Combustion

.:. Rating : NC-17 .:.

Warning: contains mentions of wax play

Brendon walked down an aisle of the parking lot, moving his head as little as possible as he looked around for Ryan who said that he would be waiting by his car while Brendon had hurriedly and breathlessly told Spencer and Jon that he would see them later.  Neither boy had protested once they had seen the look on Brendon’s face and they had stared after him when Brendon did a quick turn and all but ran to the parking lot.

His eyes darted frantically but he tried to keep his head reasonably still as to not alert every person he rushed by of his obvious excitement and impatience.    

            The lot was almost full and Brendon mentally cursed the fact that so many people seemed to find an inane place such as the Renaissance Faire worthwhile.  Ryan’s car could be anywhere in the dim. 

However, when he thought back to the events of the past hour, Brendon definitely could say that his own trip to the Renaissance Faire had been worth it.

            He wandered down a random aisle, eyes darting past each car’s driver’s seat to see if the boy with the smoky eyes and fiery tongue was sitting inside waiting for him.  Maybe Ryan’s eyes were just as restless, darting up with every passing noise, eagerly waiting for Brendon to round the hood and open the passenger’s seat door.

            Brendon could still feel the lingering heat of Ryan’s lips against his own and when his tongue swooped down over his bottom lip, he could almost taste the bitter tang of ash.  His feet began to shuffle quicker down the pavement and his stomach flipped slightly as his eyes caught sight of the tiniest brush of light brown hair obscured only by the dark plush of a headrest.  Ryan.  Brendon grew nervous as he got closer to the car, suddenly supremely unsure of what he was doing.  Unsure of how he should handle the current situation, standing mere feet away from a boy who only minutes earlier had taken him over and was waiting for something that Brendon wasn’t quite clear about.

His body was humming, his heart was racing with excitement, yet Brendon’s mind was jumbled with doubt, and his thoughts were swirling.  He didn’t know what it meant, the fact that he had willingly pulled Ryan towards him, hungrily kissed him and let the boy possess him, sink to his knees, and help him forget all about his cheating girlfriend.

            Brendon could see the curl of Ryan’s hair through the window and he leaned up against the back of the car next to Ryan’s, his mind still thinking far too much, overanalyzing.

            “Hey,” Ryan’s voice broke through his thoughts and when Brendon focused his eyes he could see that Ryan had rolled down his window and was leaning slightly out of the car and he flicked his falling hair out of his eyes.

            Ryan didn’t ask Brendon if he was coming, didn’t ask him if he was sure about this, sure about him, but he simply smiled.

            Brendon could feel his own smile creeping up his face and he gave Ryan a quick nod before he rounded the car, opened the door with a steadily sure hand, and slid into the seat next to Ryan.

****

            The car ride over to Ryan’s apartment wasn’t awkward - - charged would probably be the better word.  One of Ryan’s hands was firmly holding onto the wheel while the other rested on Brendon’s thigh, rubbing in slow circles and occasionally creeping up, brushing against his zipper, making Brendon bite his lip and pray that Ryan’s apartment wasn’t too far away.