Part 23

Sorry to make you wait so long for this! If you do read Colder Kitten, keep in mind these timelines don't match up perfectly like, the events in this book aren't necessarily happening concurrently to that one they are just in the same general time period.

But anyway, thanks for waiting and enjoy!

-

Yoongi rode with Namjoon and the hybrids climbed in with Seokjin. The fox buckled herself in, Jungkook watching longingly. She laid her head against the window and looked sadly through it. Jungkook wanted to hold her hand again, so he reached across the seat and tapped her knee. She didn't raise her head or look at him, simply slid her hand across the seat toward him and allowed him to wrap his fingers around it. Jungkook felt tears sting the back of his eyes at the thought of little one not being there when he woke up the next morning, his long ears drooping onto his shoulder.

It had only been a few short weeks since she came to stay with them but he was already so sad to imagine his life without her. The way everything was new and interesting and the way she always looked to him to explain things. The cute expressions she made when she was confused or surprised. The way she always seemed to subconsciously drift toward him whenever they were in the same room as if she felt more secure just being near him. The way everything she said and did made Namjoon's face break into the biggest smile...he wished he could make his hyung smile like that. They needed her. Jungkook sniffed as tears began to course down his cheeks and they pulled up to Yoongi's apartment building.

Her head snapped to him at the noise and he looked over at her, his face full of pain. "Fox-" he said and she quickly unbuckled her seatbelt and scooted across the seat, sliding her hands around his abdomen and laying her head against his chest. Jungkook broke into a sob and buried his face in her hair, his own arms coming around her and holding her tightly to him. Seokjin glanced into the back seat, biting his lip against the rising lump in his throat as he watched them. "I don't want you to go," he heard Jungkook whisper into her hair.

"None of us do, bun," Seokjin said, his voice thick. Both hybrids looked up at him as he spoke.

"Hyungie I don't understand...why can't she just stay? We won't let them take her! I'm strong, I can protect her," Jungkook said, clutching the fox against his chest. She blinked up at him as he spoke. "I don't want her to stay with Yoongi hyung. She's Namjoon's. She's mine," he said forcefully.

The fox sniffed and pressed her face back against Jungkook's chest, his words echoing in her head. She had never felt wanted before.

"I know bud, I want her to stay too. But...since she doesn't have any documents or legal adoption records...even if they didn't take her back to the facility, Namjoon could get in trouble for having her," the elder explained.

"What?" Jungkook asked, the fox's head snapping up as well. Oppa could get in trouble? She didn't want that.

"Since she's unregistered and he is the owner he could go to jail," Seokjin said, frowning back at them. The car fell silent as Namjoon and Yoongi pulled up and everyone climbed out slowly. Seokjin and Jungkook eached grabbed a bag of her things - clothing mostly, she didn't have a lot of belongings - and followed Yoongi as he headed into the building. The fox approached Namjoon sadly and he wordlessly scooped her up again, carrying her into the building. As they walked she whispered to him.

"Oppa, Seokjin said that you could get in trouble for having me."

"Mm. Maybe. I'm not worried about it though," he replied softly, easily climbing the stairs with her clutched in his arms.

"I'm worried about it though," she whispered. "I don't want anything to happen to you because of me."

He just chuckled and held her tighter. "I'll be fine." They arrived at Yoongi's apartment and someone held the door as Namjoon walked in with her, setting her down carefully. She clutched his arm as her big eyes darted around the room.