15. Impending Doom

It was Saturday night. Dad was still not home so I locked the door with my spare key and made my way towards Sophia car. I hugged my jacket tightly to save me from the chilly air. The hem reached my knees so the rest of my leg was about to freeze any minute.

Sophia unlocked the car and I slided in, but not before catching a glimpse of Adam who was standing behind his window and his eyes were zoomed in on me.

My eyes widened in admiration when I took Sophia's appearance in. The dress looked amazing on her dusky complexion, her long, tanned legs were on full display. She had curled her usually straight hair and the dark red lipstick made her lips look fuller. In short, she looked gorgeous.

"Some poor boy is going to die because of you tonight." I chuckled and she smirked knowingly.

"It's not me who is looking like a full course meal." she complimented and I grinned. For the hundredth time, I looked in the mirror to check my appearance. I didn't want to look too inviting. The dress was quite tight itself so I made sure to keep the makeup minimal. I just used foundation to cover my blemishes with eyeliner and a light red lipstick. As far as my hair were concerned, I straightened them and curled the edges to give them some volume.

Sophia drove the car towards Emily's house. After some five minutes, Emily exited her house. The red dress hugged her figure like a glove, accentuating her curves. She had bigger bust and wide hips so she looked like a goddess as she walked towards us in her five inches heels.

We both complimented her when she settled in the back seat. She just blushed and muttered a small "Thank you".

The drive to the club was short. When the car stopped in front of it, I gaped in awe. There was a huge line outside the club. Men and women of different ages were gathered in a crowd, shouting at a bulky guy to let them in.

Sophia gripped our wrists and took us forwards. The guy nodded in recognition when he saw her and let us in after seeing our fake IDs.

"How does he know you?" I asked in surprise when she led us in through dancing bodies.

"He is a friend of Andrew." she answered.

"Andrew?" Emily inquired and a blush coated Sophia's cheeks.

"He works for my Dad. He is a divorce attorney." she answered, looking suddenly nervous.

She led us to the bar and ordered a beer for herself. Emily and I chose cola for us instead, as we both didn't want to get wasted before our legal age. Emily pulled the hem of her dress down, looking slightly uncomfortable with the gaze of a man who was eyeing her up and down. I felt bad because I was the one who forced her to join me.

"Wanna dance?" he came to her and asked. The man looked in his thirties, his smell reeked of cigarettes and alcohol.

"No. She doesn't." I answered while Emily looked on the verge of crying.

"Come on. One dance." he held her wrist and tried to drag her towards the dance floor. I was about to slap his hand off when a masculine voice intervened.

"Get the fuck out, dick. Didn't you hear what she said?" the voice growled. All of our heads turned to face Justin who was throwing daggers at the man with his eyes.

Justin was quite well built so the drunkard raised his hands and left us alone. Justin stared at Emily with darkened eyes, his Adam's apple bobbed up and down as his eyes traveled down her appearance.

"Is that how you like to spend your Saturday night? By showing your skin off to disgusting, horny men? You're acting like a whore Emily." he muttered angrily and Emily winced at his harsh words.