Chapter 6- Scott Sniffs Bodies

Sawyer's POV:

"Hey Allison!", I called, catching up with the brown-haired girl.

"What's up?", she smiled back.

I shrugged, "Not much, want to walk with me to class?" 

"Sure, but we have to stop at my locker."

"Cool beans.", I replied, giving a thumbs up.

She started laughing, "Are you excited for the game tomorrow? I'm coming to see Scott, I can't wait!"

I let out a nervous laugh, "You bet.", I said, taking a sip from the waterbottle I pulled out of my bag. We rounded the corner, only to see Scott. "Speak of the devil, and he will appear.", I grinned.

Scott's phone beeped, "Hi Scott! Are you busy?", she asked, making him suddenly look up.

"No it's just my mom, she's nothing", his eyes widened realizing what he said. "I-I mean I'm never too busy for you, Allison.", he covered up with a lovestruck look on his face.

"That sounds nice.", she giggled. I made a gagging noise, earning me a glare from both of them. "I was just telling Sawyer how I'm coming to see you play tomorrow! We're all going out afterwards, me, you, Lydia, and Jackson. Oh, Sawyer you should invite Stiles as your date!"

I started choking on my water, "HUH?!"

She just rolled her eyes, "Oh please, it's obvious you're crazy about him." I quickly covered her mouth with my hand.

"Don't be so loud! Somebody could hear you!", I shrieked. Scott was just smirking at me the whole time.

"I think the only one who doesn't know is Stilinski, but I think he likes you too.", she said, elbowing me in the arm.

I looked down sadly, "He's in love with Lydia, Allison."

Her eyes softened, pulling me into a hug she called, "Hey McCall, why don't you knock some sense into your friend!"

"Will do.", he grinned goofily before running off. We walked down to Allison's locker, but when she opened it, her blue jacket that she lost on the night of the party was in it.

"How'd this get here?", she asked, extremely confused.

I lied through my teeth, well aware that it was left in the woods from Derek and Scott, "Maybe Derek gave it to Lydia to give to you?"

"Yeah maybe.", she mumbled. "Come on, let's get to class."

After school, I was trying to catch up with my ride home, and I saw him with Scott, spying on something around the corner.

"What are you two doing this time?", I raised an eyebrow.

"There's a curfew because of the body.", he answered, making me roll my eyes.

"Seriously? You're dad's going crazy looking for answers, while the actual killer is still running around doing whatever the hell he wants.", I groaned.

"We have to do something.", Stiles agreed.

I blanked out, "Like what?"

"Find the body. Come on!", he pulled me away when Scott walked off to talk to Allison. He was about to drop me off, but he made a U-turn to go the other way.

"What are you doing?!", I yelled, gripping onto the dashboard.

"Scott found something!", he exclaimed, pretty much jumping up and down in his seat.

"How much Adderall have you had today?"

"A lot.", he shrugged. Once we got to Scott's, he immeadiately pulled me through the door. I should have been more focused on where we were going instead of Stiles and I's entertwined hands, but oh well. He burst through the door shouting questions at Scott.

"What did you find?! How did you find it?! And yes, I've had Adderall today."

"I smelled blood at Derek's house.", he answered.

"That awesome!", I cheered. "I mean terrible, who's blood?"

"I don't know, but you two are going to help me find out because there's no way I'm not playing tomorrow." 

~~~

"Am I really going to have to come up with an excuse as to why my friend was caught sniffing bodies in the morgue?", I pleaded as we entered the hospital. Scott didn't even answer before he ran into the morgue. Stiles saw eyes widened as he saw Lydia sitting in one of the chairs across the hall, and he scrambled over to her. I stormed off to a different set of chairs, unable to look at Stiles  without getting even more worked up.

"Hey Lydia, you probably don't recognize me, I sit behind you in Biology. Anyways, I always thought he had some sort of connection, unspoken of course, and I just thought it would be cool to get to know each other a little better.", I listened to Stiles ramble while Lydia just nodded mindlessly. Does she even realize how lucky she is? 

She took her bluetooth out, "Sorry, I didn't get any of that. Was it worth repeating?", she snapped. 

"Uh, no...I'll just go.", he stuttered, plopping down in the seat next to me. He shoved his face in his hands, "I can't believe I just did that."

"Me neither.", I said in a small voice.

"Sawyer, are you okay?", he asked.

"Just peachy.", I spat sarcastically, looking up with tears already pooling in my eyes. I got up, "I'll be right back." On that note, before Stiles could protest, I ran into the bathroom, collapsed on the floor, and cried.

"Sawyer? I saw you run in here, and Jackson's not out yet, so I thought I'd come check on you.", I heard a farmiliar strawberry blonde ask.

I looked up at her, "Hey Lydia", I sniffed as I wiped off my tears.

"What happened?", she asked, sounding completely sincere. 

"Remember that guy I've liked for a really long time? Well, he's hopelessly in love with somebody else."

"Sweetheart", she soothed while helping me up. "Then, this guy isn't worth your tears. How about I fix your makeup so that no one can tell you were crying?" She pulled a ton of makeup out of her bottomless pit of a purse. After she was done, there was no sign I was crying at all.

"Thanks Lydia.", I gave her a soft smile.

"Don't mention it.", she walked off with a wink, and went over to Jackson, who was just entering the lobby. I walked back over to my seat next to Stiles, and laughed at him watch the couple make out, looking slightly grossed out. 

I ripped the panphlet he was using to cover his face out of his hands, "Focus Stiles! This is no time to be reading panphlets about the menstrual cycle!", I giggled. He started blushing, knowing that I caught him staring, but he couldn't reply because Scott ran over to us. 

"The scent was the same."

"So now we have proof he killed the girl.", I cheered. "I say, let's use it."

"Wait Scott, are you doing this to stop Derek, or because you want to play tomorrow.", Stiles asked in all seriousness.

Scott lowered his voice, "There were bite marks on the legs. Bite marks."

"Okay, then we'll need a shovel.", Stiles said, ushering us out the door.