Chapter 13

Previously

Poseidon POV

I really admire Sally. She is an amazing woman and mother. She has become a true friend. After the birth of Rhea, when I went to visit them and she caught me in Rhea's room, since then we were friends, no longer lovers, we work well together. Sally is very understanding. I wish that she could've been my wife instead of Amphitrite. And when she dies I will miss her dearly. I'll visit her in my brother's realm. I can't even begin to imagine what I will do if Rhea dies. I can't let that happen. I'll convince the fates to let her have immortality. She will be a Princess of Atlantis, a princess of the sea. She and Triton by my side.

-----------------------------

Rhea POV

I walked around the beach for about ten minutes, staying close to the cabin as I promised. Things are changing now. Too fast. I am scared of what is to come.

We only have three days left and then back to normal. I have to make the best of these few days I have left with my dad.

I head towards the cabin feeling nervous. What do I say? How do I react?

I go through the already opened door.

My mom and dad are still sitting in the same place as when I left them.

"Hi," I say.

They look at me. "You're back," my dad states happily.

"Rhea, please don't hate me. I really want to be part of your life, if you'll let me," my dad tells me, looking really vulnerable.

"I'm going to be honest, I'm not sure how to respond to all of this, but I know I am happy that you are here. I have a dad, and that's all I wanted since I can remember. I am upset that you stayed away, you have your reasons and your secrets. I really don't like lying, but as I said, you have your reasons."

--------------------------------

Time Skip

---------------------------------

Today is the last day I get to spend with my dad, I've loved every moment of it. Triton is also coming later today to say bye. And then tomorrow morning mum and I are leaving at five AM.

We went surfing yesterday. It was a lot of fun. We had great waves the whole time. 'I wonder why' I think sarcastically.

A fish came up to me as well, it was funny cause fish are stupid. This one fish could barely speak and kept forgetting what it wanted to say. I was sitting on my surfboard when this happened. My dad came towards me on his board,

"Who are you talking to?" he asks.

"This fish, it's talking to me. It doesn't really know what to say," I tell him truthfully, even though I sound crazy.

"Where is this fish you are talking to?" He asks, seeming angry. Why is he angry about a fish talking to me?

I didn't notice until now, the fish hid behind my leg that was hanging off the board in the water as soon as my father came. The fish is scared of my father.

"I'm not sure where the fish is now," I say to him, trying to protect the fish from him. I don't know what he would do to the poor thing, maybe it's because it spoke to me when I'm not supposed to know of any powers I might possess.

"Very well," is all he says, turning around and catching a wave.

Seriously, is that it. "Very well," he says. I just told him a fish spoke to me, and he doesn't even deny it or anything. My parents are terrible secret keepers.

____________________________________

Poseidon POV

Rhea is leaving soon. I will miss her greatly. I love her more than I have loved any other person in my existence. Triton came to say 'goodbye' as well this morning, Rhea had tears in her eyes when she hugged him for the last time.

My darling little girl. I am going to have to keep an eye on her during her stay at that school Sally mentioned. I made a necklace for her, it will be able to conceal her from monsters as long as she wears it. It will also be able to alert me if she is in any sort of danger, the pendant is connected to my domain.

 It will also be able to alert me if she is in any sort of danger, the pendant is connected to my domain

(A/N. This necklace was handmade by a woman in Rhode Island/America. I found the image on Amazon.)

A fish spoke to my daughter. What gives it the right to speak to her. At least she accepts the fish and does not think she is going crazy. I'm very jealous over my time with Rhea. She is my daughter. I know it is an innocent fish, but it does not help my emotions raging. I want to be the one to tell her of her heritage. And I will soon. Hopefully, next summer when she comes again.

Our last day together, we are spending our time either walking down to the beach, sitting in the small cabin, packing her and Sally's things in the car.

I feel like I'm drowning and that's not even possible. My heart feels like it sits in my stomach and in my throat at the same time. I have to let her go now and Sally will be going back to that vile mortal Gabe.

"Um...Mr Par...Posei...um...sorry, it's still weird for me to call you that...well to call you anything for that matter....can I call you 'dad'?" She asks. '

Yes!!! She has been struggling to call me by any name. I can tell that freaks her out slightly. She can call me dad finally!

I bend down to her eye level, "It would greatly please me if you would call me 'dad'. I remember when you were still a baby and you called me 'dad'. My heart nearly flew out of my chest when you called me that."

She smiles and hugs me, I hold onto her. We both know that this moment right here is all we will have for months to come.

"Okay dad," she says with a smile,  still embracing me.

I swear, not even Apollo's sun can shine as bright as my face did with happiness in this very moment.