Chapter Thirty-Two

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

-VampireRoses1223

[Author's note: I'm going to make this quick, I'm sorry you guys for what I'm about to tell you... I know you're gunna hate me... >.<

Due to school, I'm going to have to limit my updates a little but... I mean I'm still going to be updating, but the updates won't be as frequent as they were during summer break... So please don't update hound me, I've got a lot on my plate (more than I could chew)... I'm sorry you guys, but I got to get my shit together '-' Like I'm totally serious, I seriously have no idea what I'm going to do with my life, I really want to be a writer and sell my books, but... I don't even know where to begin goddamnit >.< Anyway, sorry I can't update like I used to, life has this way of biting you in the ass when you're least expecting it]

****ERAI'S P.O.V****

"Ms. Russo." Mr. Sinclair was glaring down at Seren as she was tying her apron behind her back. "You're late. What did I say about being late?"

"I'm really sorry Mr. Sinclair." She sighed as she honestly apologized. The way she said it was almost as if she was used to saying it. I'm guessing she was late on a daily basis, even before I showed up.

"Ms. Russo you've been saying that since the first day I've hired you. You got to get your shit together, because I am literally this close to firing you!"

She winced at his harsh tone, and I defensively went to stand in front of her. "Woah." I said as I glared back at him. "It's not her fault, it's mine."

"You stay out of this Jake, this is the thousandth time she showed up late to work, and I've warned her countless times. Apparently I was just wasting my breath!" He raged on, flailing his hands in exasperation.

"Well she gets it's you don't need to lose your damn screws about it." I crossed my arms defiantly and Mr. Sinclair just looked at me in astonishment.

Seren gently grabbed one of my rolled up sleeves and stood up on her tippy toes. "Erai, what are you doing?!" She whispered harshly so only I could hear. "You're going to get fired faster than I am!"

I ignored her as I just kept glaring harshly at Mr. Sinclair, who just eventually rolled his eyes and turned his back in a hurry. "This is your final warning Ms. Russo." And with that he quickly walked away back into his office, shutting the door behind himself.

"Erai! What the hell was that?!" She slapped my arm roughly and I rolled my eyes lightly. "Don't roll your eyes at me! I'm being serious! What were you trying to do, roll yourself under the bus or something?! I knew you were stupid, but-!"

"What?" I said as I turned to look down at her with a displeased frown in my face. "I just got tired of him yelling at you alright? Geez." I shoved my hands in my jeans and pouted unhappily, and she just sighed.

"Well.... Whatever. Thank you." She tuned away and started walking to the front counter where a few trays were stacked up with a few breakfast bowls and cups of coffee.

She tried to pick up two plates, but I quickly took both from her hands and carried them away by myself, and she followed closely after me. "Erai, I got those! Why'd you snatch them out of my hands?!" She huffed and I smirked down at her as I just continued to walk on.

"Well maybe if you quit yelling at me and go back, you'd see there was still one more tray to carry."

She huffed once again and crossed her arms as she stopped in her tracks and crossed her arms. "You're a real pain in the ass Erai." She mumbled as she slowly turned around and walked back to the counter.

I dropped off the customers orders quickly and brushed off my shirt as I glanced back at Seren. She easily and skillfully landed the tray into the middle of her palm and carried it like a professional to the table at the dark corner of the room.

I smiled to myself as I crossed my arms and observed her smooth and almost carefree gestures, as if she was ribbon dancing. She brushed her bangs behind her ear like she always did, smiling as she interacted with the customers with idle chitchat. She nodded her head several times as she laughed at what an old man had just told her.

Just listening to her laugh made me almost laugh too. A playful smile tugged at my lips and I just watched happily as she gave one final smile and waved goodbye to the old couple and started walking back.

She noticed me staring, and gave me a questioning look as she stood beside me once again. "What's that look for? You look like Cupid stuck an arrow up your ass." She teased as she circled around me once.

"Oh? And what would that look be? One of pain?" I smirked as I watched her circle around me in the corners of my eyes. "Well you can't really blame me, after all I did see how you act around customers."

"You know you're a real... Ugh. Never mind." She huffed and walked off back to the front counter where Kylie was. She stomped over to her and immediately started talking, and Kylie just covered her mouth as she giggled and looked over at me.

I waved back at her and sent her a little wink, and she burst out laughing loudly while Seren turned around and glared at me angrily. I just smiled peachily back at her and she narrowed her eyes at me.

It almost made me want to laugh again, and I just shook my head at her as she sent me death glares. She was hard to please, easy to anger, impulsive, a little hard headed and hard to handle, but...

I guess that's why I loved her.

"Jake, can you come over here for a minute?" Mr, Sinclair suddenly emerged from his office and beckoned me over with his hand.

I gave one final smile to Seren, who was still huffing angrily while Kylie finished her laugh session, and started walking towards Mr. Sinclair's office. I wonder what he wants.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

***SEREN'S P.O.V***

"Haha! Oh, he is so damn funny!" Kylie wiped a few fake tears away from her face, and I rolled my eyes. "No he's not. So damn frustrating is what he is."

"That's what makes you the perfect couple!" Kylie winked at me playfully, and I felt a little blush rise to my cheeks. "Yeah... Whatever."

"I can tell you guys really love each other. I mean you've come close to killing each other, but I think it takes a lot of love to just glare it out across the room and not destroy each other." Kylie said as she plopped her head down into one hand. "You guys make a perfect match."

"What's up with the romance aura around you today? Have you been reading Gena Showalter books again?" I asked amused as she smiled like she had been caught red handed. "Well... Yes but that's not the point." She grinned at me with almost a knowing smile. "I can tell you care about him a lot too."

"How can you tell?" Half of me was playing around, but the other half of me was slightly curious as to how Kylie the gossiper had finally come to understand the feeling of 'true love' and apparently compatibility.

"Same way I know he cares about you." She smiled mysteriously, and I rolled my eyes. "Is this just some ongoing loop? Are you going to answer my questions directly or not?"

"Well it's kind of surprising everyone but you two can see it." She rolled her doe eyes dramatically. "And here I thought couples were-"

The bell above the door sounded, and both me and Kylie turned to look who had come through the door. "Hello, welcome to Sunclair's, would you like a booth or a carry ou-" I put on my show winning smile, and started to greet the person who had come in, but froze just as soon as I saw who it was. "Amelia...?" I whispered quietly to myself.

She looked equally as shocked to see me, but recovered quickly as she walked up to me with her high heels clashing against the ground. "Seren, I must talk to you immediately!" She whispered to me so only I could hear, and I stepped back with caution as she approached.

"Uh, actually, I'm working right now, and frankly I thought you'd be too, you know, with the library being open until 10-"

"I'm not here to talk about work Seren. Or should I say... 0062310."