chapter twenty-five: what do u want

We hopped off the ferris wheel, smiling like idiots. We resisted the urge to hold hands due to the fact that someone might see.

"How do you feel about going public?" I asked as we got to my car.

"I honestly don't care. We have good, uh, supportive fans. So it should be fine. But let's tell our friends first." He said and I nodded in agreement.

"That's exactly how I feel." I said, glancing down at the ring. It was beautiful, but why a circle?

"Tom, why is it a circle? I love it, with like, my whole entire heart, but you know me. I'm curious." I rambled.

He nodded and smiled.

"For multiple reasons. The main reason is just that a promise is like a circle, it like, never stops. I didn't want to be cliche and get an infinity sign too." He added the last part and I nodded.

We got in the car and weaved throughly the gate, heading back to my house.

"You know my dad loves you, right?" I said as we drove off, my eyes trained on the road.

I could feel his eyes scanned over each detail of me.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yeah, he's not a strict dad, thank the Lord. He's a big jokester, but I promise you he thinks highly of you." I said and he smiled proudly.

"Oh, okay. So you know my mate, Harrison, is coming in?" He asked.

I nodded, "Yeah, he seems nice." I answered.

"Cool, I think you two will get along great." He said and looked out the window at California.

I loved that he didn't even worry about Harrison causing relationship problems; I could already tell our relationship would be full of trust.

I also loved his British accent. I mean, I just do. So I told him.

"Tom, I love your Brittish accent. It's so cool, and cute, and hot." My mouth spoke before my mind could approve it.

He chuckled and said, "Good to know, love. Good to know."

He mumbled the last part. I liked driving one handed unless I couldn't, so my other hand wandered over to his and held it. I always had soft, nimble hands my mother.

Tom's hands were soft, veins covering the top part and leading up his arms.

Veiny arms = yes

Out of the corner of my eye I could see him look down at our hands, up at the road, back down to our hands, back up to the road, and a little smile appear on his face.

We finally arrived home, drained.

We walked in and my dad, in the lounge room playing pool, looked up and smiled to us. Tom walked in behind me, shutting the door.

He saw us smiling big, and being slightly awkward.

"Let me guess, it's finally official." He joked and looked back to the billiard table.

"If that's okay with you, Robert." Tom said and smiled politely. My dad looked up and smiled at us.

"Of course it is. I'm glad it's you if anyone. My daughter has good taste, doesn't she?" He joked and Tom smirked, nodding.

"Don't get too cocky on me, Holland." My dad joked, once again, and continued playing.

We walked to my room and Tom leaned down to whisper, "That went well."

I smiled and we entered my room. I shut the door and Tom took off his shoes to reveal his silly, donut covered socks.

I smiled at them and headed to my closet, changing into some nice, silky pajamas. I was not about to wear my soft unicorn set in front of Tom.

I came out to see Tom turning on the TV to some Netflix. I went into the bathroom and removed my makeup, putting my hair up into a cute bun.

I walked out and joined him on my bed, placing my blankets on top of us. We keep it really cold in my house.

"What do you want to watch?" He asked.

"Your pick." I uttered and he took the remote, going to watch The Office.

I don't make fun of or think people who watch The Office are typical, because honestly, it's a great show and there's nothing to it.

We were watching it but Tom seemed really uncomfortable.

"You okay?" I asked, looking to him.

"This shirt is so itchy!" He complained.

"Then take it off." I shrugged. It wasn't supposed to be sexual or anything.

To my surprise, he just unbuttoned it and took it off, throwing it onto my couch next to his shoes. He wrapped his arm back around me.

Then he moved and propped himself up so he was sitting half-up, his upper chest and head against my pillow.

I laid my head onto his stomach, his smooth skin delighting mine. His hands grazed over me, causing me to go drowsy.

"Are you staying here?" I asked.

"If you want me to." He shrugged.

"Yes please." I mumbled, my face smooshed against his abs.

"Cool." He said, smiling at my smushed face.

"There's extra toothbrushes under my sink." I mumbled again. He nodded and got up, going to the bathroom.

He returned a few minutes later and turned off my lamps, the only light visible was my TV. I could make out his silhouette taking off his shorts, revealing his plain, loose, blue boxers.

He crawled back in the bed and laid down fully, pulling me onto him.

"Can I be honest? About multiple things?" I said, falling asleep.

"Of course." He said sweetly.

"When I first met you, I didn't even like you that much. But then we talked and you were the nicest guy ever. I also didn't think you'd be such a good boyfriend, like, damn." I spoke while drifting off.

"Well I didn't imagine I'd fall in love with you, but here we are." Was all I heard before happily heading to sleep.