Chapter 19 <Esmeralda>

"I actually need the restroom," I said slowly, scooting away from him. "So, I don't know...if she comes back just order for me." I grinned tightly and quickly got out standing.

"Esmeralda?" He called out before I could move.

"What?!" I basically snapped before cringing as he gave me a disapproving look.

"The bathroom in down straight ahead to the left. You can't miss it, there's a sign that says it," Magnus instructed before crossing his arms. Luckily, I at least knew what bathroom was spelled out. At least I wasn't completely stupid. My feet carried me quickly to the bathroom and soon I found myself in a stall, sitting in the toilet seat and staring at the tile floor. My eyes watered and I let out and silent sob of despair.

Why could I tell him so easily about my past, yet I had such a struggle with explaining to him that I just couldn't read. I doubt he would be surprised but I just couldn't do it. It's like every time I tried to mention it, my voice caught in my throat. Then, I became choked up and unable to form any words. Maybe I'm just ashamed. That's mostly likely it, right? Or maybe I could ask Adam...

He would know. I'm pretty sure the devil knows everything. Reading literature sucks. On top of that, I can barely do math. It's like my knowledge only goes up to second grade elementary. That's pretty fucking sad. I really don't belong in this world. My mother really was right when she said I was a "mindless whore". A semen bucket for all to fill up to their hearts sadistic content.

I probably spent about seven minutes just sitting their, self loathing. Until I finally decided to get out of the stall and splash a bit of water on my face. My eyes weren't that red or that puffy so I hoped that Magnus wasn't too observant today. When I got back to the table, he sat alone with a worried look on his face. I avoided eye contact and slid into the booth. My hand was instantly scooped up into his and out fingers interlocked. I watched as he kissed the back of my hand and then hold me close.

Great, he definitely noticed my eyes. We stayed silent for a while and he just held me. I appreciated that he didn't pester me with worried questions and when the food came, I was pleased to see a simple order of spaghetti in front of me. I ate quietly but savored the flavor since I only got to have pasta on rare occasions back at my parents place. But now the silence was pestering me and it made me inwardly cringe. My mouth opened before I knew it and I spoke, breaking the painful silence.

"Do you have a favorite color?" Really? That's the best I could've come up with?

He looked at me and chuckled with amusement. "I do, it's," he stared into my eyes. "Purple." My face heated up slowly and my eyes narrowed. Two could play that game.

"Really? Green and Gold are pretty nice colors," I smirked up at him and tilted my head. His smile faltered once he realized he'd been caught. Magnus slithered his hand to grip my waist and he gave me and dark smirk.

"Baby, you shouldn't poke a bull," he muttered in my ear. My hand reached up slowly and I stroked the stubble on his cheek.

"But it's just so fun," I said innocently. Magnus growled which made a couple of people turn and glance at him. My smirk widened to mock him before his placed his hand under my chin. My once taunting gaze turned into a glare and my smirk disappeared.

"Do you want to kiss me?" I blurted finding that his stare burned into my lips. Magnus hummed lowly.

"Of course," He stated slowly.

"Then why don't you?" I whispered, grinning mischievously.

"Because you want me to." He gave me a sly look while I glared up at him. The waitress came back and collected out finished plates before walking away.

"Let's go," He said, standing up. Magnus held a hand out for me and with hesitance, I took it. He led me back outside and before we got into the car I stopped him. Magnus looked down at me and arched an eyebrow.

"Even if I did want you to kiss me back there, I wouldn't have waited," I sneered. Magnus opened his mouth to reply but I shoved past him, pulling myself into the passenger seat of his truck. I slammed the door closed and watched Magnus go around the car. Silently, he got in and buckled up, starting the car. He reached over and out on some music before we drove back home in complete silence. It was tense silence.

"I'm going upstairs," Magnus said quietly. We got home rather quickly but the minute we got our shoes off at the door, Magnus marched upstairs.

"Is he pissed?" Carter appeared from the living room, observing the wall of muscle with me. As Magnus went from sight, I shrugged.

"I don't know," I grumbled. "He's been like that all fucking day," I lied. Carter crossed his arms and snorted at me.

"Well I'm not talking to him, I've had my fair share of that guy. Especially when he's pissed," he muttered.

"Daddy!" Olivia cried from the living room. Carter tensed and turned around.

"Coming, babe," Carter called out, disappearing from my view. I stood still and sighed looking at the stairs. I shrugged off my sweater and placed it on the coat hanger before walking slowly up the stairs. Magnus couldn't have been mad at what I said. That's just bull shit, I literally just teased him. That's it. Horny asshole shouldn't be mad just because I poked fun at him. Right?

I opened the bedroom door slowly once I got to our room. There sat Magnus, dressed in just sweats as he sat at the edge of the bed. He didn't look mad anymore. He just sat their patiently and barely spared me a glance as I finally walked into the room. I closed the door behind me and leaned against it.

"You don't need to be a dick," I called him out. "I didn't mean to make you pissed..." He was still completely silent, dead set on ignoring me. I grew irritated and walked over to him, snapping my fingers in front of his face.

"Hey, Magnus?" I said slowly to him. "Are you dumb? I'm talking to you-" I couldn't help but gasp as his large hand gripped my smaller one. It stopped my fingers from snapping at him any longer and, finally, he looked at me.

"Don't snap at me, love," He said in a dark and deep voice. Goosebumps scattered along my arms and as I slowly straddled his lap, I realized this was what he wanted. He wasn't actually mad. He was being a sneaky bitch. Yet I leaned in, and we kissed.

We kissed and our tongues met. And I all I could think about was him at the moment.

Fuck.