Part 2 'Fifty Places'

As my eyelids droop closed, faintly I can feel how uncomfortable my position is. I know I'll wake up sore from falling asleep with a slouching figure on the hardwood desk. I couldn't care at the moment.

And I'm back. Back in the vision. I will not waste this second chance. First, I focus on the obnoxiously blaring music. The song playing Is unknown to me, but not any less helpful. I mentally sear the lyrics into my memory.

The room is overcrowded with people invading any personal space I could have hoped to of had as they practically hump one another. Oh god, if my Given does this; I'll be so done with him.

Scanning the people, my eyes come across a couple in a booth really going at it. At first, I start to look away, moving on to the next person. But that's when I noticed something that piqued my interest. With undivided attention, I watch keenly as the guys' canines extend and graze the woman who is out of her mind in pleasure.

Now knowing what to look for, I can spot many more girls shoulders with the werewolf mark. It's quite easy seeing as no one covers anything. Absolutely no modesty here.

I can't believe I made such a great discovery! My next step? I need to know, which pack this is. I take in every step, and every gesture they make, In hopes of some kind of clue.

My time is short as the dream starts to fade. I consider it cruel; for it fades right as I feel his presence, again.

I awoke startled and sweaty. My new findings I absolutely can not lose. They are invaluable. Beneath the only light shining in the dark night, I turn to my lamp I left on with my findings. Not wasting a second, I snatch my pen up and write like a madman.

Everything I had seen, and everything I had felt with my senses I wrote done. There is no such thing as an unimportant detail. The clues I need will most likely hide in what seem as insignificant.

Like that, I spent the rest of the night.

"Now we have something."

Half asleep I give a thoughtful nod, accompanied by a yawn. The sun had crept up, signifying it as morning. Pleasant warm light filters in, casting shadows as it pleases.

Sleep..I can't help but to wish for repeatedly. I am not a morning person. Lazily I rest my head on the palms of my hands and look over at the hanging clock. Six thirteen It mocks back.

"GET WORKING!"

Crest has never been near this demanding or frazzled before. I can even feel this sense of urgency; like something is tugging at me. Which means Crests emotions are spilling out into mine. How can I not empathize with that? Sighing, I call out, "Please bring me coffee." At once one of the nearby attendants responds back, "Yes my Regina, right away."

Okay, It's time to kick this up a notch. Pushing my chair back, I get up and do much-needed stretching. Just hearing the pops and cracks themselves give some relief.

Feeling much more refreshed, I sit back down and scoot forward to my desired chair to desk distance.

Crossing one leg over the other, I get situated again. Where first? I slide my papers over and position my laptop in front of me. Okay, let's focus on what I heard. The attendant lets himself in. He places the steaming coffee on my desk and promptly leaves with a bow.

One big sip, and it warms me all up. Not wanting to let go of my new-found contentment, with one hand I open my laptop and input the PIN. I take another generous slirp as I type in the song's lyrics. Before I press Enter, I make sure to double check what I typed to be word for word of what I wrote down. "Yes, all good," I mumble. I then click Enter.

After scrolling for a little bit, there's good news and bad news. Bad news, sadly the song isn't a lead. The good news is, the song is a bit new and has only been released here right now. Meaning, my Given is in the country.

'I'm getting somewhere...' Physically I could feel Crest sigh at me. 'I'm doing my best, alright?' I wait a moment....and still no reply. On to the next bit of possible clues.

The second piece of information I gathered leads me to believe it's a hangout spot of a pack. Each state has one pack. They do not need to work together, neither do they answer to one another. Only to the governor who governs all states do they submit to.

Much simpler in my opinion, as it was like colonies before. They can still wander around, but never too far away from their state's headquarters. There are small group who get permission to wander around. Too small for the amount of werewolves in my vision.

As for dragons, well they only have one governor, which is me. It's due to the fact our numbers are much smaller. But by no means do any of us feel threatened by this.

Fifty states...this will take forever. But I'm certain that my Given is within werewolf territory.

I sigh rather loudly, eyeing the only neat stack of papers and folders on the far end of my desk. It would be nice to have my Givens support for these..problems that have been springing up lately.

The merfolk have been disregarding the borders and laws. Those files and papers have all of the info my Gentes compiled. She ushers whispers of an uprising to steal property. I really hope not.

Now I have to engage the werewolves by encroaching on their territories? Please let me offend no one.

I pick up the office phone and dial up my Elevatis. "Beval, It's me Nira. This is highly important. I need an extremely detailed data report on each of the fifty packs on my desk tomorrow. No matter how small and insignificant the information may seem, I need all of it."

We have our own database with sensitive things. I already have records on the packs in the case of a full out attack, but I need more. Preferably organized by my sweet sweet  Elevatis who just so happens to colorcode everything.

I stack my papers together and put them in a somewhat empty drawer. It's time to clean myself up.