•53•

▐▐

◄◄

"You know I love you, right?" Namjoon asks him from above, staring down at him with the warmest pair of eyes and face showing his reluctance to leave. Seokjin closes his eyes, breathing deeply, chest heaving. God, everything hurt right now. 

He opens his eyes, looks up at Namjoon and smiles as brightly as he can muster. "I love you too," he says gently, then he weakly raises his hand to wave Namjoon off. "Go."

Namjoon does go. Seokjin was worried that he wouldn't leave, but he does. And relief his him when he does.

He gazes up, stares at the spot where Namjoon had been, listening to the sounds of footsteps completely fade before he lowers his head and finally dares to look straight ahead before him,  wincing in discomfort from the pain at his back and head.

"If you're going to leave, please do it quickly," he says, trying hard to sound brave as the strangers step into the light. 

Seokjin didn't know if the racing of his heart was due to the sudden fear of the people approaching him or if he had some big wound that he couldn't see that was leaking blood. His head fell back against the stones as he gasped for breath, a quick wave of pain going through him. Damn it, he's sure he probably broke something.

Now in the light, Seokjin can clearly see the two people that have been hiding in the dark since Namjoon had previously arrived. A female with tan skin and short, above the shoulder auburn hair that was clearly dyed. She wore street clothes, plus latex gloves, all black. Next to her was a boy, tall, ears a bit larger than they should be, he too dressed in all black. Seokjin has this weird feeling he's seen the kid before, but is in too much pain to think at the moment. Still, he's able to notice how the two strangers are accompanied by two other males, at least, he thinks they're male. Seokjin couldn't get a good look at them, both of them still hiding a bit in the shadows.

Their arrival had been the reason Seokjin had been against Namjoon coming down to get him. Seokjin had caught a glimpse of movement in the darkness and all but froze when he saw the gun that one of them was holding. He couldn't risk Namjoon getting injured trying to save him, couldn't risk the possibility of the people in the darkness being rebels and using the opportunity to murder the king.

He'd rather die himself than let Namjoon be killed. So he sent him away.

The lady sighs, she did not look happy to see him. Seokjin bites his lip, his heart is pounding loudly against his chest as his eyes are glued to the gun in her hand.

Calm down, calm down, calm down.

"Kim Seokjin-ssi," she finally says. She held herself straight, with a tense line in her arm that suggested she was ready to use that gun if he moved. "Funny to meet you here."

Not funny at all considering the gun, Seokjin thinks to himself. The way she was holding that gun was definitely not funny in the slightest. Still, he had to ignore his fear of guns, think clearly and find a way to make these people leave somehow. Namjoon would be back and if these people were still here then Seokjin making him get away in the first place would've been for no reason.

"Who are you guys?" he dares to ask. Either they'd shoot him and leave or just ignore him and walk off, leaving him here to die. He doubted that second possibility though. He'd seen their face. 

"I don't tend to judge," he starts again when they don't answer him, "but judging by the guns something tells me you guys are responsible for this whole mess?"