45

Us - Regina Spektor 

ISABELLA

"I think I'm falling in love with you." The words ring loud in my head. A sentence that is written by words of pure simplicity, yet immensely heavy in meaning. He was falling in love with me. An emotion that was the pinnacle of vulnerability and trust. My heart was beating quick. Each heartbeat hitting my chest in a rapid pace. I was almost positive that Harry could it.  

He watches me intently. His eyes not once faltering. Harry's stare is intense. I can feel the loose curls that have fallen on my face. Tickling my forehead. His breath is hot on my lips. In habit, I bite down on my lip. Harry's stare on my eyes move down to my lips. The confidence that I usually held high began to dwindle down. Self-consciously I turn my head to the side. My eyes breaking contact with Harry's. 

"Isabella," his raspy voice breaks me from my self-conscious thoughts. Slowly, I turn my head. My eyes making contact with his. "You don't have to say anything back."

His body remains above mine. My heart still beating erratically in my chest. Words seem to be at a lost within me. Nothing coming to mind to break the awkward tension that is slowly seeping into the confines of Harry's bedroom. I look up at Harry and back down. 

"I think I'm falling in love with you, too." I admit to him. I can feel Harry's body physically relax. His eyes drooping slightly in relief. 

"Yeah?" He asks me. The same panty-dropping smirk that has left me at a lost for him from the first moment I met him reappearing. 

"Yeah," I reply breathlessly. I am using all of my strength to not pounce on him right here and now. 

Harry slowly moves his body to his side. His arms no longer keeping my head captive. He wraps his arm around my body, bringing me closer to his side. I turn so that I am now facing him. Our foreheads merely inches away. I wrap my hand around his side, my cold fingers slipping up his bare torso. 

"I'm scared," I admit to him. Harry's once lazy demeanor changes to one of worry.

"Why?" 

"I'm scared that I'll wake up and this will all be some dream. That I'll actually still be in New York, working for my father's business." I pause. "Worst of all, I will wake up and I wont be laying here with you." 

Harry pulls me closer. He runs his hand down the side of my head and towards my lips. His thumb tracing the edges gently. His gaze transfixed on his slow motions. "I don't know what I'd do if this was all a dream," he tells me. His thumb still tracing my lips gently. "I'm fucking terrified if that helps," he smiles at me. I chuckle back, my heart still racing. 

"When I first met you, I thought you were the most gorgeous man that I'd ever met." I'm not sure why I'm admitting this. But something tells me that I should keep going. I needed Harry to know how I felt about him; about us. Especially why I've been so scared since the beginning (and why I stooped so low and dated Chase). "You were intimidating. Everything about you was the epitome of what I wanted to be. You were the exact opposite of my parents. You're smart, funny, sexy-" I cover my face embarrassed by my slip. 

"You think I'm sexy?" Harry asks me, a smirk on his lips. Typical. 

"No need to flatter yourself." I swat his arm playfully, my eyes rolling. 

"If it helps," he begins to say, his hands wrapping around the arm that slapped him, "I thought you were sexy too. Way too fucking sexy." He leans over, brushing his lips over my neck. I inhale sharply. His words and actions so quick and unexpected. 

"Uh-" I mentally shake my head, clearing the fog away from my thoughts. "You- I  thought I was out of your league," I stutter. 

"What?"