o46

(A/n: second update. Check chapter 45 if you haven't read it yet :) ty)

 Check chapter 45 if you haven't read it yet :) ty)

C H A P T E R
F O R T Y - S I X

Before we departed from Grandma's house, she made us some breakfast first. She acted like an eldery who just wanted to help some youngsters, and I must say that she pulled off an amazing act, because Yuta was less than suspicious. When he went curious as to why he suddenly felt asleep after drinking the tea, Grandma told him that she accidentally exchanged her drink with Yuta's. And the tea that he drank, which was supposed to be hers, contained strong anti-stimulant substances.

I played along with her act, teasing Yuta about how sensitive his stimuli was for him to get drowsy in a second.

He paid me no mind and instead informed Grandma about the wolves.

"Yesterday, we found out how to repulse them."

"Oh?" Grandma said, astonished but not really, before a smile lifted the corners of her lips.

She already knew what happened, because last night, when I returned to her bed after Yuta and I shared words and kisses on the shore, Grandma hugged me and whispered, "Had a nice night? The beach is always lovely when it's winter."

I cleared my throat and spoke in a low voice, making sure that Yuta can't hear me from the living room. "Grandma, the two of us just talked. And we discovered something new about the Regulate. It's a kind of machine that the wolves have. Someone equipped them with it and commanded it to chase us. But, Yuta found out that if you wear that Regulate, they will not detect you as their target."

"That's good. Now the two of you could go home safe and sound tomorrow. It's not advisable for you to stay here with me."

"It seems it will be that way. I need to go back to the city tomorrow morning. But I'll be paying visits to you, Grandma. I swear it."

"No, you don't need to, darling. Just focus on your goal. Don't worry about me."

"But - "

"What did I tell you when you were young?" she asked, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear. "Don't walk the woods alone."

I sighed inwardly. "Okay. Goodnight, Grandma."

"Goodnight, Sooji," she smiled and as we were about to go back to sleep, I heard her say, "You didn't tell me that the two of you are lovers."

I was about to deny it, because Yuta and I were not lovers, right? We never really went to dates, never slept together, and never even held hands. We argue more than we get along. We  couldn't do what a normal couple does, because in the first place, we aren't normal.