Chapter twenty-seven: Nala's point of view

(sorry for the short chapter; this was mainly only in here to get some points across.)

Nala looked out into the open plains of the pridelands. The lands of her ancestors. Now, her lands.

Ever since she and Simba became mates, things seemed to grow and live again. The animals moved back to pride rock, the grasses began to grow again, and some new additions were added to the pride.

Two of those new additions were Simba and Nala's own cubs, Kopa and Kiara. Kopa was an adventurous cub, he reminded Nala of her father and brother.

Kiara was more like Simba, she looked exactly like her father, from her pelt color to her orange eyes.

And then...there was other news. Oh, and what wonderful news it was!!! While Nala hadn't told Simba or either of her children yet, she was with cub again!!! A new prince or princess would soon be scampering around the pridelands.

Nala only wished that Kopa could be with her more in the pridelands. Every day, be would go down to the waterhole and not be back until sunset. She hardly ever got to see him anymore. She couldn't complain, however. She was happy that Kopa had found something to do; something to look forward to each day.

Nala had enjoyed being queen, ruling aside Simba. She enjoyed days where she didn't have to worry about anything. But...there were two things that never left her mind; two things which had formed holes in her heart for years. Upendo and Mheetu. Her father had died protecting her. And Mheetu it seemed had only just begun to live. And both of them, killed at the paws of Kinga. Nala wasn't one to hold grudges, she knew that animals could change from her once peaceful life to the war she had gotten used to when Scar was in rein. But, she couldn't help but be nervous about Kopa and Kiara around the hyena pups. Jasiri and Shida didn't seem harmful, but Janja was one to keep his distance. He didn't seem too taken with the lions of the pridelands.

Nala had learned to become good friends with Shenzi and Banzai, and they would even spend time together in the pridelands sometimes if they wanted to. But Nala couldn't let the image of Shenzi's mother escape her mind; especially the malicious look on her face as she dug her claws into Mheetu's pelt, minutes before his last breath.

Nala liked to think that there could be peace between all creatures in the pridelands...but she would soon be proved wrong.