(39) He will.

Chapter 39- He will.

I could hear the sirens ringing out from a far, but I couldn't feel a thing, I just wanted him to be okay.

Kyle picked me up from the floor when the ambulance came to pick up my father. He took me in to his arms and I sniffled in to his chest.

"He'll be okay," he whispered into my ear. I wasn't convinced, but I listened to him.

"He can't go yet," I sniffled. Kyle put a hand to the back of my head as he cradled me.

"He won't go yet, baby," he replied.

A man dressed in green and supported a neat moustache came up to us after a couple of minutes.

"We have to take him to the hospital, are you his daughter?" He asked me, I nodded my head. "Okay, we'll be emitting your father to St James hospital," he continued.

"I'll take the car and follow you, you go with your father, love," Kyle demanded softly, I looked to him and felt an over rising sense of panic, I didn't know why.

"Come with me," I pleaded. "I don't want to go alone,"

"You won't be alone," he stated. "It's better if I take the car, it'd be easier," I was hesitant but I nodded and sighed.

"Okay," Kyle pecked my lips and he used his hands to cradle my face. His thumbs came out to wipe the tears which managed to slip out.

"You'll be okay, you're strong,"

"I'm strong because of you,"

"Well I'm here, aren't I? So you have no reason not to be the strong girl you are," he smiled down at me, but I knew it wasn't a happy one.

We stayed in silence with me in Kyle's arms as my father was lifted up and wheeled away.

"Are you coming?" A young woman asked, I nodded my head and began to follow her.

"I'll follow after you," Kyle stated and I nodded my head before making my way over to the ambulance.

When the doors opened I jumped into the vehicle and sat beside my father. He looked so ill, and he didn't look like the father I knew and that hurt. It broke my heart.

"Dad," one simple word, and my tears began to fall again.

"Don't cry, Miss, here," the young woman gave me a tissue and I thanked her quietly. She had a kind looking face, short blonde hair and caring brown eyes. "It's quite alright, I wouldn't worry too much if I were you, your father is in good hands," she smiled reassuringly at me.

"Thank you," I replied and I managed to lift the ends of my lips to politely smile at her back.

The ride seemed longer than what it really was, and I'm sure I aged a couple of years. My heart was beating frantically as I watched my dad immobile on the bed.

I was hoping he would open his eyes and be okay, but he never did open his eyes. He didn't move a muscle, and time killed me more than anything.

When the ambulance finally stopped and the engine was killed, I jumped up from my seat and the young woman opened the doors.

"Just wait out there and you can follow us," she pointed to the floor and I did as I was told. I looked around and I saw Kyle park in to a spot just a few yards away.

He made his way over to me after locking the car with his keys and came to stand beside me. I could feel his heat, and it gave me just enough support to see this through. Maybe.