Chapter 32

Sophiana POV
My heart is about to bust out of my chest as I look towards the the man in front of me.
"Paul...."
"Hey love!! Missed me!?" he said while giving a nervous smile. He was about to say something when a body collapsed on him. It was of the boy, he was really beaten to death.
"Jay!" Paul shouts as he securely place him down on the ground and look towards her softly yet nervously.
I was still in daze, shockingly staring at the face of the man she thought was dead. Jared took notice of her as he ask the guards to help the boy some medic and to call a doctor. Jared signal everyone to leave taking the boy with them, with only these two people remained behind.
Sophia was still a statue when Paul came towards her as he stood in front of her face to face. It felt like a great time like hours has passed but in true only been some minutes. Not knowing weither it's reality or her hallucination, she raised her hand towards his face and a loud slap rang through the area. She really used a lot of force that not just his face you could see her hand print but also his corner lip bleed a little little.
"You are alive? How?!? Nearly 5 years, you were alive..." I didn't know what to say or to do. My breathing became hard thinking Paul betrayed me. He was alive all the time when she was crying over his death, was the only thought going on in my head.
Paul noticed her having a breakdown and quickly to her in his arms, try to calm her, smoothing her as he told her to take deep breath and relax herself. Asking her to give him a chance to explain himself, again and again. And that he is sorry, begging for forgiveness.
"Explain? What is there to explain? You lied to me. You betrayed me." I said as I started to hit his chest repeatedly as a rivers of tears kept flowing from my eyes. "You were alive. You were alive all this time yet you forge your death. You are sorry.. SORRY!... You... You..."
"Love! You got it all wrong. I didn't lied or betrayed you. I didn't. Nor did I forged my death. Just listen to me first. Just once listen to me. Please.. Please love."
"One chance! I won't be an idiot to you like I was for Jared in past. One chance to explain yourself. As for forgiving, let's see in future for it." with saying that I turned toward the mansion entrance as he followed me like a lost puppy. I enters and look toward Jared who was on phone.
Seeing me enter, he hang up.
"Kids are already in the bed and Rhian is with them. That boy is taken to one of the guest room downstairs and Dr. Martin is on his way." I nodded to him as I took a sit on the couch and looked towards the man standing in front of me, at the center of the living room. Jared took a sit in the side couch.
"Explain!" I demand.
"I don't know from where should I start?" Paul said as he nervously scratch his head.
"Hmm.. From the beginning. From where every story starts?" Jared retort.
"I wasn't the one who forge my death. It was actually my family, my brother. My own twin brother to be exact. He wanted me to return with him back home."
"Wait a minute you have a brother, that to a twin brother?" I asked shocking. He told me that he was alone with no family.
"Yep my twin brother. I am sorry I lied before saying that I was alone but even though he is my twin, he is nothing to me. Actually to say therotically. I have a complete family but not in real sense."
"OK! Stop man. You are confusing me. Let me ask you something. The 1st and foremost question, 'Who are you?'."
I let Jared to the questioning. I just want to listen to what he had to say.
"Paul Brek was the identity I used for 8 years before meeting you. It was the name I made for myself. Paul is my birth name. It's just that Brek is actually my grandmother family name, which I took when I was 17 years old. 2 months over 17, actually. My name before that use to be was Paul O'Reilly. Paul Ross O'Reilly."
"Sir, Dr. Martin is here." a guard came to inform us.
"OK! Now Mr. O'Reilly I want your story. And start from the very beginning. Don't confuse us, specifically me. But 1st let check the boy that came with you."
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
"How's the boy, doctor." I asked Dr. Martin.
"Not good, Ms. Stone. His ribs seem to be broken, his left wrist bone seems to be broken. He was beaten very badly and most of the bruises look old. And because of the old injuries the new one is giving worst impact on his body. I would suggest you to contact child care, it's a complete case of child abuse. You should see his back, it's filled with the proof of the horrible deeds of those monsters."
" Who the hell could do such thing? What kind of monster they are?" Jared said after looking at the boy.
"Worst kind of monsters." Paul said looking at the boy with tears in his eyes.
"You know them?" I asked to which he nodded. Then what he said was just terribly shocking.
"The O'Reilly. My family."