leave.

Kara's POV:

the first thing I hear as I wake up is my annoying brother nate screaming, "kara, you better wake up before i dump a bucket of water on you!"

i angrily yell back that I'm up and slowly crawl out of my bed. today is my first day of senior year so i guess i should look cute. i decide on wearing some ripped jeans, a champion sweatshirt, and my gucci sneakers that nate somehow got me for my birthday. i do some light makeup only because i hate wearing a lot. 

as i'm walking down the stairs i see the one and only jack gilinsky sitting on my couch. "hey kid you ready for school?" jack asks with a smirk.

"you do know I'm 17, right jack,"  i reply as i walk in the kitchen to get breakfast.

"yes okay we get it, you're a child, hurry up we gotta go!" interrupts nate.

At school cuz I'm lazy:

"nathan, unlock your freakin doors." i scream, scared cause i really don't wanna be late on the first day of school.

"yeah nate," jack shoots back in a mocking tone, "unlock your freaking doors." While nate and jack are busy laughing, i unlock my door and hop out because if they wanna be late they can, but i'm sure not.

i go to the office and get my schedule and then text my best friend luna to meet me at our lockers. luckily our lockers just so happen to be right next to each other, so we can talk between periods. luna and I met in 7th grade and bonded over our love of cheese, and have been best friends since.  on my way i see jack johnson, one of my brother's friends, who just so happens to be my buddy too. (A/N jack j will be called johnson) " hey johnson!" i semi-yell.

"kara! hey, i missed you and your cute little self," johnson responds happily.

"we need to hang out soon, but i gotta get to class, so see ya," i reply walking to my locker.

"hey, butthead!" screams Luna as she lunges at me, "i haven't seen you in, like, forever."

"luna, you literally saw me yesterday," i respond, laughing. 

"i know, but that's still a long time," luna replies, putting stuff into her locker.

"oh my goodness, what am i gonna do with you?" i joke back, "oh! let me see your schedule, i wanna know if we have any classes together!" luna hands me her schedule and i notice that we only have 2 classes together. "bro, we only have Math and language arts together," i pout.

"it will be okay. at least we can see each other at lunch," luna says, trying to cheer me up. "oh, there's the bell, gotta go. see you in math!"

i head to my first class, history, and just as i'm about to sit down jack takes my seat. "excuse me, mister, i was gonna sit there." i say harshly.

"oh? you were? i didn't see you. guess I'm blind," he replies sarcastically. i, as dramatically as i can, huff and sit down in the seat next to him.

about ten minutes into class i feel my phone buzz. its not like i was paying attention anyway.

(text convo)

jack g: yo we should leave it's boring.

me: are you stupid?? its the first day we can't leave.

jack g: you're the stupid one. i have my ways just follow my lead.

me: i don't trust you, but okay.

jack raises his hand and asks to go the bathroom. a few minutes later, i get a text telling me to do the same, so i do. i walk to the bathroom and there he is waiting for me.

"ready to go?"jack asks.

"where are we even going?" i ask back.

"that's for me to know and you to find out," he replies, a small smirk playing on his lips.

A/N
hehe hope you like the first chapter. i know it's kinda crappy but it's my first time writing so i will hopefully get better. also big thanks to my bff for editing. if you wanna check her out she has an account on quotev it's @eluusive. she writes some BTS stuff and it's real good.