hero's burden

thank you all for 1000 reads! i really appreciate it!

———————-

——(your p.o.v)——

saki encouraged you to take a nap, and you tried to decline her request but she kept telling you that 'you need to rest'. you eventually gave in, and took a small nap. 

you woke to the sound of a bomb of some sort, and you immediately sat up. you frantically looked around, and you saw saki staring up at the sky in her window. you pushed the bed covers to the side, and stood up. 

"saki, what was that?"

saki glanced at you, but kept staring into the sky, with her wing-like hands pressed in a praying position. you walked over to her, and looked to where her blue eyes were staring at. you gasped and saw the divine beast, vah medoh, incased with a red force field. you saw two birds flying around, and one was shooting bomb arrows at the field. 

wait...

"saki! what on earth is link doing?!"

saki jumped a little at your outburst and briefly met your e/c orbs. she prayed a little more, and you saw worry in her eyes.

"he's...he's up there, trying to take back vah medoh with my husband. teba."

you let the feeling of worry and axiety rush over your body, you understood that link was the hero that was meant to save hyrule and you also understood that he needed the four divine beasts in order to do so. you couldn't help but feel abandoned and useless, you wanted to help link! you felt like you owed him your life, since he saved you from that yiga scout a few days ago. you desperately wanted to help, no matter the situation...

you and saki watched the two males from below and saw that link had exploded the last device that was holding up the force field. you sighed in relief, but saki gasped. 

"saki, what's wrong?" 

-

"it's teba! he's injured!"

saki ran out of the hut, with you following after her, and she led you to the landing. you saw teba give link a thumbs up, and he was now trying to fly down to revali's landing. saki flew up, and went to take teba's right wing in hers and they flew down together. you glanced back at link, who was now entering the divine beast on his paraglider.

you knew teba from when you 'woke' up in rito village, he was a good friend to you. you didn't know saki that well, but you knew they were married.

you silently prayed to the goddesses, and went over to help teba and saki.  

— later —

"saki, could you go get some water? i can patch up teba, but i need some water to clean up his wound."

saki nodded and quickly left the hut, a bowl in her pink wings. 

you looked back at teba, who was now lying down in the bed you were in before, every now and then groaning from the burning pain. you reached into your pouch, and took out white bandages. you waited for saki to return with the water and you sighed. 

"something wrong, y/n?"

-

"i guess..."

-