Chapter 27

James' POV

My heart stops then rapidly beats. I want to tell her everything I've been thinking, but my voice gets caught in my throat as tear spring to my eyes.

"Penelope?" my voice cracks.

"James, I love you. I don't have much time. We're trapped in a house that is surrounded by evergreens."

"Who's we?" I ask hurriedly.

"Ryan's sister, Wren, is with me and my birth mom, Adelaide." my eyes widen in surprise, "I have to go, I don't want Percy to wake up, I have to go. I love you." she whispers before the line goes dead.

My heart clenches at the thought of her in bed with Percy. My anger bubbles to the surface as I throw my lamp at the mirror on the wall. As it shatters I quickly call my warriors into my office. I pull on a jacket as I rush to my office. I quickly brief my top warriors. We had narrowed her location down to two possible rouge locations: one in the cliffs, and one in an evergreen forest. Because she was able to see out the windows we were able to determine her location.

To get my army to the rouges base it will take about four hours. We plan to leave soon and camp about halfway then charge the rouges base. I don't want us to miss our chance. We have the element of surprise, and this may be my only chance at getting my precious Penny back alive. After I informed them of the plan, they leave my office, so I can call our neighboring allies.

"Relax, we will find them." Noah encourages as he shakes my shoulder.

I don't want to get my hopes up, but I already begin to feel myself smile at the thought of my princess. I try to focus on the calls, but all I can picture is my marvelous mate. As soon as I finished up the last call securing access through Alpha Luca's pack, I get a mindlink from Kristen.

"Alpha, the warriors are ready and waiting for your command."

"Thank you Kristen. We will be moving out in twenty minutes."

I quickly load a gun with silver bullets before heading to Owen's. I pond on his door waiting for him to open up. Instead of Owen, a shirtless Ryan opens up the door mid giggle. His blush darkens when he sees me. Quickly, he invites me in while hiding behind the door. Just as I was about to ask for Owen I see him walking down the stairs toweling his hair.

"Who's there?" he asks before looking up. "Oh, Alpha. What are you doing here? Do you need anything?"

"I need you to suit up. You are leaving with the troops." I can see Ryan begin to protest, "He won't be on the front lines. He will be there just in case any of them are injured." Ryan nods and kissed Owen.

"Okay Alpha, give me just a few minutes."

I step outside and give him a few minutes. He quickly rushes out with a medic bag and everything he needs.

"I thought we were only rescuing Pennelope. Who else are we rescuing?"

"I wasn't going to say anything because I didn't want to get his hopes up, but..." I pause, "Penny said she was with Wren, Ryan's sister, and Adelaide."

Owen just stops. He stares at me in shock before running his hand through his hair. He starts to talk, but just stops.

"Wren? He thought she was dead. You can't tell Ryan until we have her for sure." I nod, "Wait- Adelaide is alive? Your mom is going to freak out."

I nod and keep walking towards my warriors. Taking a moment I survey that rows of wolves ready to fight for their Luna. I can't help the pride swelling in my chest.

"We will save her." Ezra growls in my head.

I nod my head before giving my pack fighters a pep-talk. I wrap it up quickly before we move out. We quickly shift and beginning running. As soon as I shifted Ezra takes over. Fueled by my hatred for Percy, Ezra runs ahead of the pack as fast as possible. It wasn't long before we begin approaching the area we were going to camp at for the night.

The warriors, not on watch, quickly fall asleep knowing they needed to rest for the battle tomorrow. I know I need to rest, but I can't help feeling on edge. I spend hours pacing back and forth before I am finally able to fall asleep. Ezra wakes me up hours before sunrise. I quickly shake off sleepiness and and prepare Kristin and my head warriors.

In just a few hours I will be getting my angel back. Kristin sent out a few scouts, to make sure the area was clean and kill any guards. Once we got the 'all clear' from the scouts, the warriors got in position. In the silence of the early morning, we rushed the Rouge's base. We were able to kill the first set of rouges before they were able to mindlink the rest of the rogues.

By the time rouges were coming out to fight we, were closer to the base than I was expecting. Chaos erupted as teeth and claws clamped down on enemies. Instead of staying in the fight outside me and a few warriors rush inside. We snap the necks of guards in the hallway before rushing towards the scent of Penny. Ezra goes crazy clawing the door down. As soon as the hole was big enough for my wolf I jump through.

The room is empty, and I feel Ezra's grip on control weaken. I am about to lose it when I hear a whimper coming from one side of the room. I quickly shift tugging on shorts as I open the closet door. I see my angel shielding a small girl and an older version of herself. I quickly pull her into a hug inhaling her sent. I can't help the deafening growl that escapes my lips when I feel her against me for the first time in months. I can tell she has lost weight from the stress. The biggest difference, however, was the taught baby bump pressing into my stomach instead of her usually flatish soft stomach. My wolf wants blood, but for right now the most important thing is getting her to safety.