Chapter 2

"W-What?" Lloyd questioned

"You're more Oni then I thought." Garmadon smirked

"What... What makes you say that?"

"You're eyes." Garmadon frowned at Lloyd's confusion "You didn't know that they flash red when you get mad enough. It's an Oni trait. If your eyes were red all the time, it be an Oni trait as well." Garmadon said pointing at his own glowing red eyes

"My... My eyes don't flash red!" Lloyd looked to his friends

"We can't say they don't, you weren't facing us, and you... You've never been that angry." Kai said "You cursed. Three times. You never curse."

Lloyd stepped away from his father. "Maybe you are my son after all." Garmadon smirked. Lloyd growled angrily as his eyes flashed red once more. Garmadon just gave him an 'I told you so' look

"Whatever." Lloyd grumbled before muttering something about being hungry while walking towards the door. Garmadon frowned at Lloyd calming down so fast

"Your inability to hold a grudge is your dragon side showing Green Ninja." Garmadon chuckled darkly "You're just like him."

Lloyd stopped in his tracks. "Just like who?" Lloyd asked

"Your Grandfather. He was hard to anger, and wouldn't hold a grudge." Lloyd continued to walk, mumbling about how he was gonna eat candy from his secret candy stash. Once Lloyd was out of the room Garmadon frowned. "And just like him, you being half Oni, half Dragon has a high possibility of getting you killed." He looked at the photo which sat on the nightstand. "Perhaps I can find a way to get your Oni side to overpower your Dragon side."

-----

"Lloyd..." Kai called as he walked through the bounty "Llooooyd..." Kai poked his head into the kitchen, where Lloyd sat asleep on the floor with a half eaten twizzler in his hand. Kai smiled  as he walked over to the sleeping teen. "Lloyd. Buddy, the kitchen floor isn't where we sleep."

Lloyd slowly woke up. "I fell asleep eating candy again?"

"You fell asleep eating candy again."

Lloyd yawned "How long did I sleep earlier anyway?"

"Only twenty minutes."

"That explains why I'm still exhausted." Lloyd said but quickly stopped himself "I'm not tired! I swear, twenty minutes of sleep is plenty. I'm good. Promise."

"Lloyd."

"Yeah Kai?"

"Go to bed."

"I need to keep-"

"An eye on your Dad? Jay and Cole are on Garmadon Watch." Kai smiled "Go sleep."

"No. I just need some coffee or tea or something."

"Lloyd. You need sleep. You can't just avoid sleeping forever. The nightmares will stop eventually."

"If I don't sleep they stop now."

"Not sleeping could kill you Lloyd." Kai said "It's been shown by research that a human being can only go three or four days without sleep before they start hallucinating."

"Oh please, I'm not hallucinating."

"Go sleep." Kai ordered "Studies show a living being can only go a little under two weeks without sleep before they die. Granted that study was done on rats, but still. You need to go sleep."

"Okay, but first, who gave you the science lesson?"

"Nya, she got bored earlier and looked it up." Kai replied "Now go sleep."

Lloyd rolled his eyes and gathered the pile of candy on the floor. "Go out in the hall. I gotta hide my candy."

Kai laughed "Okay, but don't make me drag you to your bed."

"Yeah yeah yeah."

----

Lloyd walked back into the sleeping quarters, only to see broken glass, a broken picture frame, and torn up paper. His eyes widened as he picked up a piece of paper. "No." He said as tears formed in his eyes "No. No. No. No. No." Lloyd picked up the pieces of the photo. The family photo that had been so important to him for so long, was torn to pieces. The frame was destroyed. Lloyd hugged the shredded photo, not noticing Garmadon standing in the door behind him. "No."

"That's unfortunate." Garmadon smirked as Lloyd cried

Lloyd's eyes flashed red as he stood. "You did this!" Lloyd yelled angrily

"Yes. Yes I did."

"HOW COULD YOU, YOU ASSHOLE!?" Lloyd hollered, enraged his eyes turned red and stayed like that for a few seconds

Garmadon smirked, his plan was working, he just needed to push Lloyd's anger a little farther. That's when Lloyd's exhaustion kicked in, the teen blacked out. "Dammit." Garmadon grumbled just before Kai, Nya, Jay, Zane, and Cole rushed into the room

"What'd you do!?" Kai yelled at Garmadon

"Calm down. I didn't hurt him. He just, passed out..."

"Lloyd's family photo, it's destroyed!" Nya exclaimed "You were trying to make him angry!"

Garmadon rolled his eyes "He should control his emotions."

"He told you how much that photo meant to him! You purposely tried to make him angry!" Nya took a breath "Kai, Lloyd has that photo as the background on his phone. Zane. How good are you at copying handwriting?"

"What do you mean handwriting?" Garmadon asked

"Before you died, when you were a good guy, you gave Lloyd that photo for his birthday. On the back you wrote a quote. 'Life is tough Lloyd, but you're too kind for it to ever hurt you.'. You wrote that. Thanks a lot for hurting our friend Bitch."

Garmadon watched as Kai and Cole moved Lloyd to his bed and covered the sleeping teen with a blanket. "Get Garmadon out of here Cole. Before Nya tries to beat him up." Kai said

Cole shoved Garmadon out of the room and stood out in the hall to keep an eye on the Lord of Jerkyness.