•54•

"Fuck," Shin Donghyuk hisses when he sees him. "Fuck. You are not supposed to be here."  

Seokjin kind of wants to point out that, technically, Donghyuk shouldn't be here either. He should be back at the palace. All of the candidates should be back at the palace. Even if something had happened during the stadium event, all candidates would be taken to safety to one of the five palaces.

Candidates couldn't leave the palace grounds. So why is Donghyuk here?

Time to find out. "Hi," Seokjin waved, turning on his side and wiggling his two hands tied behind his back in an attempt of a wave. 

Donghyuk doesn't greet him back. (The bastard.) Instead he shoots a look in Yeonjun's direction. "Explain," he orders.

The younger boy cowers behind Seokjin. "We went and planted the bombs like we were supposed to, but on our way out we ran into him. He fell into a huge hole and hurt himself, so—"

"So you brought him here?!" Donghyuk screams, clearly not pleased at the news. "Why the fuck did you guys bring him here?!" He's throwing his hands up in exasperation, looking towards the doors, at the people standing there watching.

No one answers. 

Donghyuk pinches the bridge of his nose, he continues glaring at Yeonjun. "Your section was just in charge of planting the bombs and Jessi was then supposed to get you guys out. What part of that plan involved you bringing him," he points a finger at Seokjin," here?!"

Yeonjun is now hiding behind Seokjin, who can almost feel the kid shaking. "H-he was hurt!" the kid tries to reason, "The place was crumbling down! He could've died! We couldn't just leave him there!"

Turning to glare at Seokjin, Donghyuk points a finger at him again. "You." Seokjin blinks. "I thought you were dead. The King thinks you're dead. Everyone at the palace thinks you're dead. And you were here?" 

"Apparently I'm being held hostage?" Seokjin turns to look at Yeonjun for confirmation, "That's what we agreed on, right?" Yeonjun blinks and nods. Seokjin turns back to Donghyuk and nods. "Yeah, I'm a hostage. —Wait, why do people think I'm dead?"

"The King went back for you," Donghyuk says, still looking annoyed, "he went back for you and by the time he got there the hole you were in was caved in."

"Ah that," one of the boys at the door answers suddenly, the curly haired one. Seokjin didn't even notice when they had peeked in. "Jessi-noona set off a bomb there to prevent anyone from following us."

Must've been after he blacked out because of the drug, Seokjin guesses.

Donghyuk rubs his hand down his face. Poor guy looks frustrated. Seokjin hopes all of his hair falls out. "This is such a fucking mess. You guys made such a fucking mess of things. Your job was simple, cause a distraction. Not kidnap somebody."

"In their defense," Seokjin says, interrupting, "taking me hostage was sort of my idea. I asked them to kidnap me."

"That's the fucking stupidest shit I've ever heard! Who asks to get kidnapped?!"

Seokjin shrugs. "It was either that or that woman over there was going to shoot me. If you weigh my options down then well, you can tell my plan was somewhat genius." He grins.

"I should shoot you right now," Donghyuk hisses. "You know way too much."

"Actually, I have no idea what's going on. I've kind of been tied up and blindfolded for the past..." he looks at Yeonjun, "How long?" The kid whispers in his ear. "Six hours?!" Yeonjun nods. Seokjin turns back to Donghyuk. "Six hours." No wonder his butt hurts. "But if you're willing to explain to me what's going on then I'll kindly lend an ear."