Different cultures of witchcraft

Voodoo

In Haitian voodoo there's a concept of a supreme deity known as Bondye. But the universe is also populated by Loa, who rul over such matters as love and war. Initiation is a complex process involving time, money, and dedication over a period of months or years. The religion of voodoo is less focused on spells and more on honoring and welcoming the Loas throughout the year and one's events. Dolls and curses are largely myths fostered by the media.

Hoodoo

In hoodoo, the gods, goddesses, and entities that are honored are more specific to the person, place or family. Hoodoo initiation traditionally was informal. It took the form of knowledge, spells and formulas passes down from teacher or parent to student or child. Hoodoo does rely on spells and workings as the primary way the tradition is carried out. Very often these spells are common ingredients like hair, dirt, etc.

African witchcraft

There's many types of witchcraft in Africa. The Azande of central Africa believe that witchcraft causes misfortune. The 'gift' of witchcraft is passed down from parent to child. Those processing mangu aren't even aware of it and perform magick unconsciously while they sleep.

Appalachian folk magick

Those who practice in the Appalachian mountains see good and evil as two distinct forces. They believe certain conditions that their magick commit cure. They also believe that witches are bless with paranormal powers and can perform powerful magick that can be used for good or evil purposes. They look to nature for omens and portents of the future.

Celtic Wicca

A craft that mainly focuses on the Celtic and Druidic gods and goddesses. Their studies maintain a strong emphasis on the importance of nature and its rituals focus on enhancing the energies of the earth. Gods and goddesses are referred to "The Ancient Ones."

Witta

An eclectic Iris path which keeps old Irish traditions and combines them with the influences of the Norse. Witta values Irish pagan history and recognizes that at each stage in its development, each generation has been able to add something to value. Today most Witta covers operate on a consensus basis and will accept self-initiation and the solitary life as valid.

Deborean

A combination of Celtic and Native American traditions, specifically Cherokee. Focused primarily on Celtic origins.

Shamanism

Beliefs are connected to contact with the spirit world. Through communication with the spirits, the shaman can work acts of healing, divination and magick revealing by way of vision, poetry and myth the deeper reaches of the human spirit.

Italian

Italians are very protective of their, family, friends and culture, and this is reflected in their magick.