c41

Today was Sunday.

Exactly two months before the wedding.

Ki realized how fast October flew by when she saw the plans for today sketched underneath November 8th on the family calendar in messy black pen.

"Shit." Ki mumbled, turning her attention towards the rest of the kitchen.

"Mmm, I think she knows what day it is." Andi whispered into his cup of tea as he leaned into Shori's shoulder.

"Do we have to do this today?" Ki groaned plopping herself down in the seat farthest away from the two boys.

"Um, yeah... we kinda do. There's not much time left, and a lot to get done, so suck it up kiddo." Shori grinned from the counter as he grabbed his coffee mug from underneath the machine.

"Do you even know what color you want me to wear?" Ki leaned her head over onto the table and stared out into the living room through the doorway.

"Yeah you'll be in black since me and Andi are in white."

"Alright, at least it's not turquoise."

"Hey, what's wrong with turquoise?" Andi pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

"Andi, you know how bad that looked with the rest of it." Shori wrapped his arm around his fiancées waist.

"Whatever, it's a bright color."

"The theme was monochromatic." Ki chuckled, her cheek resting against the wooden table. "I thought you guys were going with black suits and the accent was gold?"

"Yeah, that was the plan."

"Wait, are we doing black or white?" Andi looked remotely confused.

"Well, what do you want?" Shori looked down at him softly.

"Don't you think black would look better? It's winter."

"Yeah."

"Then why were we planning white?"

"I..." Shori looked to Ki for a second, and then to Andi with a look of utter confusion. "I don't know. Why were we doing that?"

"Oh boy." Ki laughed, tracing the grain of the wood pattern along the edge of the table.

"No seriously, are we going crazy?" Andi looked over to Shori with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Let's just pretend we knew it was black this whole time." Shori nodded taking a sip out of his cup.

"Alright." The shorter of the two shrugged his shoulders and leaned back over onto Shori for settlement.

"So what color am I wearing now?" Ki huffed.

"We'll figure it out."

————————

"I don't like it." Ki pulled at the sides of the long black dress she had on.

As she stood in the mirror, she watched the way the fabric fell down over her waist, and how everything gathered in the center showing off her slim physic. It was strapless and uncomfortable, the tightness around her chest making it hard to breathe.

"You look great Ki. Are you sure? I really like that one." Andi sat back in one of the small leather couches.

Shori sat besides him with his arm outstretched over Andi's shoulder, pulling him closer than where Andi cared to be while in public.

The two had already picked out their suits, down to the details of the fabric—which although was decidedly black, apparently came in many color variations and textures.