n i n e

ѕοοиγουиg ωαѕ єαяℓγ ƒοя οиϲє in his life. He was by his locker, waiting for a certain midget to pass by. He was drifting off, nodding his head without thinking.

He wasn't able to sleep properly last night for all he thought about is what to say to Jihoon this day. He admits, what Minghao said was right. And he was thankful that the younger had called because if it wasn't for him, he wouldn't have had realized his mistake. What made his soulmate upset.

But he just couldn't help it. He used to have a relationship with Momo, so of course he'd worry for the lady. But Jihoon is his soulmate as well, so he mustn't be biased to this type of situation.

"But... wasn't I your... soulmate?"

Soonyoung being surprised was an understatement. He didn't expect to hear that his whole life. Especially not to a type of person that was Jihoon's.

He was really astounded that he forgot to breathe for a moment. His heart was hammering by his chest and pounded loud enough for him to hear. The hairs behind his neck actually stood up, giving him a slight shiver and he stared at Jihoon like he was a different person that day.

How can one person make me feel so... like not myself? It was the first time he had experienced that. He'd never felt that way from Momo like the way Jihoon just did to him. And looking at those pink, glossy lips just made his palms sweaty and head spinning. He really wanted to just lean down and connect their lips, lock them together and make it last. Forever. But he knew it was impossible.

And it really hurt him how he had bit his lips and looked away, resisting his urge to kiss his soulmate right there and then.

He heard a screech beside him that made him snap out of his thoughts and looked at Seokmin who was slapping his arm numerously.

"What, what, what?!" Soonyoung slapped his hand away, glaring at the younger who was aggressively pointing something. Soonyoung followed his line of sight and, there he was, walking in with a bag thrown on his shoulder and his dark hair in disarray.

He looked adorable yawning in his hand, small tears by the side of his eyes. Mingyu was laughing beside him, pinching his cheek who just received a jab by his side. How he wanted to become Mingyu that time.

He knew Minghao was looking at him, but he only had his eyes reserved for the small man walking toward the locker beside him.

When Jihoon was fixing his hair, he lifted his head a little and they were staring at each other again. Jihoon held his gaze and Soonyoung feels like he was drowning, not knowing he was not breathing.

Jihoon avoided his gaze and opened his locker, taking a couple of textbooks before closing his locker and walking away.

But before he could go entirely, "Jihoon." Soonyoung moved, catching up with the younger and grabbing hold of his arm, stopping Jihoon from walking away any further.

But before he could even utter out a word, Jihoon pulled his arm and threw him a glare, warning him silently before walking away again, leaving Soonyoung behind. Again.

He saw Mingyu and Minghao followed. Mingyu shaking his head with a frown and Minghao sighing in disappointment, knowing that it was meant for him.

Seokmin was behind him, looking at him in confusion. "What happened to him?"

"Something I wish I didn't do."

★彡

ℓυиϲн ϲαмє αяουи∂, Seungkwan, Seokmin and Chan dragging him to the cafeteria and got a table. Soonyoung was tapping his foot on the floor, even tapping on the table which Seungkwan whined about.