Chapter 17

Cookie sat idle in the hospital garden dome. She hated staying cooped up in her room all day everyday. This was her new favorite place. It was a big glass room in the front of the hospital, even the ceiling was glass letting in the natural light. Flowers, and little water fountains creating the peaceful mood. It was in the front of the hospital, she could see the parking lot and some roads. She played on her iPad minding her own business,

A fast incoming car pulled up in the entrance. Looking up she recognized the car, it was one of the Empire cars. She groaned watching Porsha followed by Becky hopping out the vehicle, just as another Empire car pulled up. This time Jamal and Lucious popped out. The four of them arguing in the parking lot.

"Oh hell no." She muttered sliding on her shades, she pulled on the hood of her jacket and turned around. They were not about to ruin her good mood. She followed them with her eyes as all of them rushed into the building trying to stop one another. Rolling her eyes she went back to her game, she was in no mood.

Lucious crossed his arms standing in front of Cookie's hospital door. He glared down at the women trying to bulldoze him. They glared back at him, they were for sure gonna snitch. It was simple girl code.

"I'm. Not. Cheating." He hissed.

"You. Are. A. Liar." Becky responded making him groan.

"Look.....what You guys saw was innocent. Hell I can't look at her like that. It's family stuff and I would love it if you kept this to yourselves. I can not have Cookie's health doing a backflip. Please!" He begged, Becky raised her eyebrow and pursed her lips.

"I wanna meet her. If she ain't your side chick, then she can tell me that herself. I'm watching you Lucious Lyon, don't nothing get past me." Becky spat giving him a wild look. He sighed rubbing his face, that was every bit of true. She was a nosey little investigator. He remembered trying to hide his pills back when thought he had ALS.

"I hear you. I'll set that up, but keep your cabbage patch doll on a leash." He muttered looking at Porsha. She gasped as Becky snickered.

"Nuh uh! Them dolls was fire, I don't even know why you talking Chunky. I'm gone, Becky let's go get some damn food." Porsha snapped walking off. Becky gave Lucious a final look before following her. He let out a breath looking at a quiet Jamal.

"Good job pops. Now let's see mom." Jamal teased opening her door. He paused in the doorway.

".......Where is Ma?"

Meanwhile........

Angel sat on the hotel bed her leg shaking. She stared at the number, debating wether to hit call. Going against her better judgement she did. It rung twice before laughter flowed through.

"Hi princess!" She flinched at the voice, tears starting to fall.

"Who are you?!" She cried out, there was a pause before the room quieted down.

"Angel, who the hell are you yelling at? And what are you going on about?" She heard boomed. A sob tore through her, her hands starting to shake.

".......Babygirl, tell daddy what's wrong? Is it Adam? Is he hitting you? You know he dosent mean it baby, he just gets upset like me. Your mother knows I love her, it's apart of life baby." Jermaine spoke trying to console her.

"Who's my real dad?!" Angel snapped hearing nothing but silence.

"I am! What's gotten into you? If he beating on you then tell me. I'll send your brother." He responded confused.

"No you're not! I was a Lyon!!" She spat letting her emotions out.

"Angel.......Come home!" Her supposed father's demanded, his voice dropped deadly low. Fear grabbed her by the throat hearing it.