16. Knight Without an Armor

For the next few moments, Noah didn't speak anything. The only thing that told me that he was still there, was the sound of his harsh breathing. I sat there, waiting for Emily and Sophia to realize that I had been gone for too long or at least Adam would find me and save me from this hell.

"C.. Come out Babyyyy." Noah's stuttered, tapping his shoes on the floor.

My nose scrunched at his words but I restrained myself from uttering another curse. I just sat there silently without replying. Because, well, he was not ready to listen to my pleas and I didn't have anything else to say.

When he didn't get any response from me, he kicked the door with full might. The door didn't open but I could hear the small crack that he created in the door. My heart thumped inside my chest cavity, threatening to fly out of my chest.

"Please Noah. Just go." I beseeched again, trying to fight the shaking of my tongue.

Noah kicked the door again. Just one more kick and the door would break free. I didn't dare to think the further consequences but my mind knew well.

He sighed in defeat when I didn't flinch. I heard his footsteps retreating and after few excruciatingly long seconds, silence prevailed outside. Not even his harsh breathing could be heard now. Just plain silence.

I bent down on my knees and peeped outside. On the floor, Noah was laying still. His mouth was half-open and his breaths were turned shallower.

With fumbling hands, I unhinged the lock and tiptoed outside. Noah looked like he was unconscious. I wanted to check his pulse but I chose to be selfish. Leaving him there, I rushed towards the door and attempted to unlock it.

After many failed attempts, it finally shot open. Shutting the door after me, I dashed through the stranded hallway. My vision was started to turn blurry because of the panic settling inside my mind.

I could watch the colorful lights at one corner, indicating that I was so close to the hall. But the distance felt so much longer because of my terrified condition.

My legs started to give away. The voice of music was close, too close. My body was shaking due to adrenaline so when I finally reached the hall, my body gave up and I fell down. Everyone was so busy in the dance that nobody seemed to notice me. The last thing I remember was a pair of grey eyes glaring into mine with concern and a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist.

...

My head thumped with pain as I groaned in exasperation. The white light of my room felt like a torture on my poor eyes. I hugged the blankets tightly to prevent the cold air from entering inside.

But something felt wrong. This bed was much harder than my soft bed and the bedsheets were nowhere as soft as my silk ones.

Scared, I opened my eyes and looked around in panic. I looked around the familiar beige room. The wooden bed with matching cupboard and a neat study table in one corner strengthened my suspicion.

"You are awake." Adam spoke and I angled my neck to look at him. He shut the door behind him and trudged inside. There was a brown mug in his hands, smoke was coming out of whatever liquid was inside it.

"Here. It was the only thing in the kitchen." he passed the cup to me. I looked at the milk, unable to understand what happened to me and how did I end up inside his room.

"Wh..what happened?" I asked softly, feeling uncomfortable with the situation.

"I found you unconscious in the club." he whispered and sat down beside me. For the first time, there was no hatred or irritation in his eyes. Instead, there was softness. And concern.