𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍; II.

❝𝑻𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑱𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒔❞━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 in the new Kane and Lightwood residence was peaceful. For the most part at least. The three inhabitants ended up staying up in Kaz's room. Newt had managed to get most of his furniture up but Kaz still had boxes on his floor. Eurydice teased him for being slow when it came to unpacking despite the number of times they had unpacked and packed before. They had watched a few movies like Back to the Future and the Goonies while they chatted about their thoughts and feelings about Forks so far. It didn't take long before any of them had gotten tired. Each trying to stay away the longest. Well, Eurydice had fallen asleep in the middle of the conversation on her brother's arm. She had been the first to fall asleep before Newt followed soon after giving up on staying up longer than Kaz. The three had ended up sleeping in the same room that night before each waking up at different times on that December morning or evening in Eurydice's case. They started school the next day. Who even starts school in December? Apparently, these three did. Though it was not an odd occurrence for the three to start school during a school year. They had once started during the last month of school, it had been a weird predicament. Eurydice wasn't as outgoing as the two boys she lived with. She preferred to stay quiet till she got mad. Newt made friends with everyone and fit in. Kaz was a whole new level of outgoing after he'd try hard with anyone and everyone.

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 twelve pm before Eurydice woke up. Once her brother had woken up, he had moved her so she was on her bed. Her curls were in a knotted mop as drool trickled down her lip. Her face was embedded in the pillow as she was in a ball of covers. She maneuvered a lot when she was asleep. The girl started to wake up when the smallest amount of sunlight blared through her window making her groan. Even if it wasn't much it was enough to wake the girl up. She raised her head up as she rubbed her eyes. A look of annoyance rested on her face. She muttered something about stupid light as she got out of her bed, almost falling along the way, before making her way into the kitchen. She noticed a note that was clearly Newt's handwriting which said that he and Kaz had left to get some groceries. She moved along and grabbed a snack bag of dried mangos and plopped one in her mouth before she hummed. The flavor engulfed her senses which made her moan in delight. She had a few hours to herself and she didn't know how to spend them. So she went into her room and grabbed her notebook and started to write different things on the lined pages. Her right hand gripping the pen before writing about her new goals for the place. She actually liked this place so far which was not good. If she got attached it would not be pretty when they'd go to leave.

𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐓 Eurydice's forte. She deemed them unimportant from a young age. Her mother had died thinking that their father truly loved her, which was a lie. Hades loved Persephone who was his wife. Angelica Kane was nothing but a silly mistress to bear his partially mortal children. Eurydice could not remember much of her mother. The woman had died when she was five years old. Neither siblings talked about their Mother and neither visited her in the Underworld. She had gone to the Asphodel Meadows which held the souls of the majority mortals. The Underworld was split into different fields by different rivers. The Styx, Archeron, Cocytus, Phlegethon, and Lethe broke up the Underworld. Tartarus was reserved for the worst transgressors and it is where the titan Kronos resided in pieces as well as monsters. Then there was the Elysian Fields where only the most excellent of men dwelled, most heroes went there and finally, you had the Fields of Mourning. The Fields of Mourning held those who were hurt by love. Eurydice had seen every field except Tartarus, it was so bad that even her Father would not step foot anywhere near it. In all honesty, she would not be surprised if she ended up in the Fields of Mourning. Everyone she ever loved would hurt her in some way even if they hadn't realized it. Eurydice didn't get involved in relationships often, it was rare that she did. When asked she had answered that she was waiting for the right partner or partners. She didn't have anything against having multiple lovers at once, as long as you were not cheating.

𝐄𝐔𝐑𝐘𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐃 that things were going to be different in Forks. She would actually try with people and not just stay quiet before she flipped off. She was a little worried about making friends. She had never been good with outsiders. She never dealt with them very well. She had trust issues and not to mention that she would swear that she could tell their intentions. Most guys were extremely predictable when it came to females. It bothered Eurydice. Eurydice helped her brothers unload groceries once they had finally arrived back at the Kane and Lightwood home. She put whatever needed to be refrigerated in the fridge and put the frozen goods in the freezer. She cracked jokes with her family while making faces.

"Hey, guys? What do you call a dog that can do magic?" Eurydice questioned with a shit-eating grin.

Newt managed a small smile as he handed her a bag of chips. "What?"

"A labracadabrador!" Eurydice laughed as she grabbed the chips and wriggled her fingers as if she was doing something magical.

Kaz rolled his eyes at the girl. "That one was not that bad."

"See! I can make some jokes." Eurydice stated proudly before she placed the bag of chips on a shelf.

━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━