Prologue

Pain sheeted through my body with terrible intensity. It seemed that everything hurt too much. There were blue-black bruises and deep cuts and scrapes and maybe some broken bones. My eyes were closed as I heard the murmurs of people surrounding me, not because I didn't want to see where I was. I knew very well. But I thought it would hurt too much to open them.

"Traitor!" That's what they screamed as they threw stones at my bloodied body. Their eyes were burning with retaliation as they spat vulgar words at me.

A week ago I was labeled as a traitor who was involved in the assassination of the Mother Empress. It has been three days, I'd been dragged around the city and disclosed to the people as punishment. They loved the Mother Empress from the bottom of their hearts. She was the epitome of kindness. She never deserved this kind of ending. And I'm pretty sure this was the exact thought these people had.

My hands were tied with thick ropes as I was harshly dragged along the street. Sometimes I would stumble on the dusty ground earning a low groan from my mouth. Still, the men who were pulling me didn't stop. They continued to drag me like an animal as the rocks dig deeper into my heavy wounds. I hissed in agony. To think they are my subordinates. No, they were my subordinates.

My punishment was completely different than my mother's, who was poisoned to death. As the General who had led the country's army and had the emperor's trust, the emperor ordered that I first experience the humiliation I deserved for betraying the throne and his country. And then I was to be beheaded in public. Later, my head was to be displayed outside the palace gates for the people.

As a person who had vowed to protect my country, I never expected to die such a shameful death. Above all, for murdering an innocent woman who cared for me like a mother. I knew my name would shine in history, not for my bravery nor countless victories but as the one and only mighty General who took advantage of the emperor's trust and backstabbed him and died in humiliation.

Today would be the day of my execution. The emperor believed that it wasn't worthy to witness my death so his supposed seat remained empty. But the court officials were all present.

Each step I took forward to my death's door; my time was limiting. I don't fear death but...

My eyes fixated on the emperor's seat.

I miss him.

The least I expected was for him to see me die. I wanted to run back to him. He who was the man I loved all my life. I wished I could go back to the time where I could watch him silently.

I wanted to prove myself as his trusted general I had once been. I just wanted an opportunity to make things right.

But its too late now...

They say that when you near your death you could see your life flashing before you. But the one who most occupied my memory was him. His graceful figure, his cold tone, his striking beauty, his intimidating aura, his elegant gestures, and his last words to me, "You've got what's coming to you."

My biggest regret was, not proving my innocence to him.

Crowds of people gathered in the vicinity to witness my death. Most women and children had their eyes covered unable to watch any further.

I crashed onto the wooden platform coughing violently, blood seeping from my mouth. I knelt on the platform head hanging low withstanding the excruciating pain. My ears were deafening, feeling numb to the noise around me. My eyes had started to blur, my vision deteriorating.

Unexpectedly there was something that distracted me for a moment. I sniffed the delicious aroma entering my nostrils. Ah, I smell sweets... It has been a few days since I'd last eaten. Despite the situation, I really wanted to have a nice meal. My desires only lasted for a moment when I felt the cold blade touching the nape of my neck. The executioner was trying to get his aim so that he won't miss the hit. Carefully aiming it once more to the back of my neck he lifted the sharp sword to give the final blow.

Only if I knew things would end up like this, I would have already confessed my love to you. This was the last thought of mine before the blade pierced through my neck successfully separating it from my body as blood gushed out and my head rolled onto the ground.

A/N: I'm looking forward to writing this so I really want to know your feedback too. Hope you enjoy my new story and please don't forget to vote and comment guys. I need motivation. Anyway the next update will take two or three days so stay tuned.