Chapter 7

Laura is sitting comfortably in the couch covered in a blanket. She's popping popcorn one by one in her mouth, watching the season 13 of Supernatural. Delicious aroma of her mom's cooking is lingering on the air.

Right now Laura is in her parents's mansion. Her mom has apparently banned her from her own penthouse. Saying that she is incapable of decorating her penthouse. And that Her mom will get an interior designer and will decorate the penthouse on her own.

Laura didn't argue with her mom. And why would she argue when she already knows that whatever her mom said was true.

She started laughing at a joke of Dean. When suddenly Ella started running around the whole mansion squealing like a five year old kid.

Laura shouted at Ella to shut up and placed her attention on the TV again, when suddenly a video call came in her iPad. Well it seems like she can't  watch the TV on peace. She pressed the mute button on the remote and answers the call.

"Surprise!" The two girls on iPad screams at Laura. Those two are about to say something more when Laura cuts them off," Wait wait. Let me check first if my ears are alright. The way you guys shouted I'm sure my ears have become numb."

Those two frowns at Laura. Laura  chuckls at them. It feels good to talk to her best friend and her cousin. The girl with the blonde hair is Violet, her best friend. And the one with brown hair is her cousin Emma. Emma is Ella's elder sister who's like another best friend of Laura.

Emma's a fashion designer. And Violet is a lawyer. Right now Violet is working on her father's law firm.

"So, how are you doing? You do realise right that it has already been one week since you went to USA. Yet you didn't called us even once. Even now we are the one who called you. Have you gotten new friends there that you've forgotten about us?" Violet said with a bit seriousness and a bit sarcasm mixed in her voice.

"Yeah I'm good. And I'm sorry for not calling you guys. But I was really busy. And I also had the meeting with Jared about the project. So you can only guess how busy I was." Laura said.

Emma nods her head in understanding. Then she says,"About your meeting with Jared... we heard about the stunt Jared's secretary pulled. How did the meeting go?"

Violet also looks eager to know what happened. So, Laura starts filling them in about the meeting.

After telling them all about yesterday's meeting Laura takes a long breath as Emma and Violet starts processing everything.

"Guess now you have to meet Jared everyday." Emma says. Laura only shrugs.

"So you said you heard Jared talk to Alisha huh. After all the things those two did to you, now they're hanging out together. The saying is so true. Birds with same feather floaks together." Violet said with anger.

"It's not like you didn't know that they're hanging out together. You are the one who showed me the pictures of those two in parties, auctions and balls. Who knows maybe the rumour of them being in a relationship is true." Laura says as a matter of factly.

Laura isn't someone who eats rubbish that tabloids feeds everyone. Thus she doesn't know about the celebrity gossips. Nor does she care. Even when she attended the dinners where the rich women go to, she always stays quiet as the women around her gossip like their life depend on it.

About the rumour of Jared and Alisha, Violet was the one who informed her about that. The only expression Laura had was a bit of curiosity. Cause Alisha and Jared never seemed like they're friends back in high school. But Laura never was a person who notices everything anyway.