☁️✨

We all know the story about soulmates right ? You're born with a mark that only you and your soulmate have

We all know the story about soulmates right ? You're born with a mark that only you and your soulmate have. Once the two of you come together your sight of colors will be restored.

My name's Y/N L/N and up until the age of 12 I could see colors. One day I woke up and saw nothing but black and different shades of grey over the colorful objects I had learned to love.

My mother had started crying and she gave me the brightest smile. She said I could finally start looking for my soulmate. I was only thirteen so I wasn't in a rush. In fact I could care less about finding a soulmate at that moment.
-
I'm now sixteen and I've grown used to the full colorless world. Usually I wouldn't be walking alone in the park, my best friend Ayla would usually be her with me. But a little over a week ago she had been on the phone with me when she ran right into a stranger. Not just any stranger. Her soulmate.

Y/N understood that Ayla wanted to be with her soulmate so she let her. In fact most of her friends had found their soulmates at age 14 or 15. Y/N would always shiver at the thought of finding her soulmate at such a young age. Wouldn't you get sick of them ? Y/N brushed her thoughts away as she saw an empty park bench underneath a large tree branch that seemed to protect the bench from the suns sight.

She ran to it and carefully began to take out her  Art supplies that she had brought with her.   Y/ N liked to come to the park bright and early and leave as soon as the street lights turned on, signaling it was dark out.

Y/N finally looked up from the sketch she had been drawing when she saw the street lights turned on. She checked her phone to see it was already 9:45 P.M. Where had the time gone ?

Y/N quickly shoved her pencil case and sketch book away and decided to take the long way home. Her mother trusted her so she wasn't worried on arriving late. As she took a turn she heard scraping again cement and rolling. She was confused so she turned around the corner to the parking lot of a small park.

She saw maybe 4 boys  standing there skating. One seemed to be holding  a camera and another was just watching them while sitting on a park bench. Two of them were talking and skating around trying to do tricks.

Y/N knew she had to walk past them. Y/N was close enough to see the boys figures but too far to even see their faces. Y/N sighed as she tried to quickly walk past them without making them notice her. She heard a small conversation they had been having while she got closer and closer to them.

"Hey Finn when are you gonna start looking for your soulmate anyways ? Even I'm surprised Quincy found his before you." The boy holding the camera said while nudging the closest one next to him.

"I don't know Josh,  I'm not in a hurry to find her I guess. If I were to randomly meet her I won't complain but I'm not in such a hurry to find her anyways." The boy said while walking towards the swings.

"But i am desperate to get my vision back to normal I'll tell you that." They boy said while swinging on the swing.

Y/N smiled a bit. She knew how that felt.

Y/N had gotten closer by now she could see that indeed what the boys were holding were skateboards. She continued looking down when she noticed something. Her shoes. They had color. Y/N gasped as she looked around taking in all the color she had learned to live without. She turned towards the boys in the park and saw the boy in the swing jump up.

"Guys ! I- I see colors ! What does that mean ?!" The boy said screaming. The other three boys sat up in shock and amusement.

"Josh film this you retard. This is better than an instagram video anyway !" A boy said. His voice sounded slightly older.

The boy with the camera quickly sat up and turned his camera on.

Y/N smiled widely as she knew her soulmate was near. But then wiped it off as she realized how genuinely scared she was. She began to run into the alley near where her house was when suddenly, the colors vanished.

She looked around and saw all the dull grey objects again. Y/N shook her head as she sighed. "I need a drink." Y/N said while walking past her house and towards the mini mart at the corner.

Y/N picked out her favorite drink and was turning around to head to the cashier when she bumped into someone. Y/N shut her eyes waiting for impact which never happened. She opened her eyes only to be met with a concerned face and a blast of colors surrounding her.

She looked at the boys face. Brown eyes, his curly hair was dyed purple, and his cheeks were full of freckles. Y/N immediately blushed as she had realized the two had been staring at each other for a while. 

Y/N stared at her mark. A small wishbone. It was small and simple but she had grown to love it. She looked at the boys arm but frowned when she saw he was wearing a long sleeve.

"Can I see your uh.. your mark ?" The boy asked shyly.

Y/N showed her his mark and his eyes widened. He rolled his sleeve up quickly and
Y/N then saw it. His mark. He was her soulmate. Y/N immediately wrapped her arms around the boy as she smiled brightly.

The two stood there hugging each other. Although they weren't in a hurry to find each other they finally understood the feeling of meeting your true love.
-

THIS IS SOO LONG. I'm kinda proud of myself for this.