■ TEN ■

■ TEN ■

My hands ached as I scrubbed the dungeon stairs, my knees were killing me and I hadn't been able to take a drink of water for a while. Ivor, the dungeon master was sitting close by, watching me as he ate bread slowly.

I flicked my out of place hair back and sat back on my knees, stretching my back. "If you've got time for leaning, you've got time for cleaning!" The master snapped.

I wanted to shoot him a filthy look but I ignored him and stretched my wrists. "Did you hear me! Stupid maid whores, useless!" He exclaimed, throwing bread at me.

It hit me in the face and I couldn't help the dirty look I shot at him. He stood up, the chair scraping against the floor. "Got a problem, bitch?" He asked, walking towards me.

"No" I replied.

He wasn't the King. Surely, I could put this asshole in his place. Using Vampire speed, he was suddenly behind me and he grabbed my hair tightly in his fists.

I cried out but that didn't stop him. He threw me against the wall, and I groaned in pain as I felt my lip crack and bleed. "Stupid whore, you should call me Master," he exclaimed, coming up behind me.

I tried to step back but he pushed me into the wall again and my cheek scraped against the rough rock. His hand held me to the wall but fear didn't kick in until he kicked my legs apart. "I'll show you, whore" he muttered.

I screamed louder than ever but he jammed my head into the wall and my scream cut off, I felt woozy and dizzy. "Get. Your. Fucking. Hands. Off. Her!" I heard a snarl.

The dungeon master was ripped away from me and I slid down the wall. Ivor crashed into the hard rock on the other side of the room. The King stood in front of me, his back facing me as he growled at Ivor.

I reached up to touch my pounding head. "My King! She was insinuating this!" Ivor exclaimed.

The King stepped forward and his face transformed. "First, you assume you have the right to punish her and now you assume you have the right to take her against her will!" He snarled.

Ivor got back to his feet. "She's just a fucking slave!" He exclaimed, bewildered and eyes wild.

"She belongs to me! She is protected and if you ever lay a hand on her again, I will not hesitate to rip your fucking head off!" The King yelled.

Ivor looked down. Blinking slowly, I tried to keep them in my vision but my vision swam. "My Lord?" I asked feebly.

The King turned his head to look at me. "I think I'm going to-" I cut off before my eyes closed and I passed out.

______________________

THE KING ■

Celene's hair spilled carefully across my pillows as I laid her down on my bed. Her breathing was even and calm, she went through a shock.

Leaving her warm body on the bed, I quickly moved away and stood by the window. I wanted to gaze out over the Kingdom I had ruled for so long, but like a moth to a flame, my eyes kept going to her. She was truly a flame, and as much as I told her I was going to enjoy breaking her, I knew in a way I never could.

She reminded me of my love, my wife. The one woman that had saved me and I had been taken from. For thousands of years, I closed myself off. I didn't want to feel the loss of heartbreak or loneliness anymore.

Part of me knew that Celene felt it to, I felt it in the library as I read her thoughts. I had become too protective of her, the want for her grew each day and I found myself going on more and more trips away so I couldn't smell her intoxicating scent.

She was a flame, a light in my forever darkness. But I was cold and she was not, a match that would never work. I had grown attached to Celene, it would be easy to see by now.

Without even meaning to, I had drifted from the window and sat on the edge of my bed. Her sking was soft to touch and I trailed my kunckles softly across his chin.

Her lip was busted and the sight of it infurtiated me and made me crave more than just her company. Celene's blood was like a siren and I had no idea why. Her long eyelashes framed her cheeks as she seemed to frown in her sleep.

A part of me wanted to ease her pain, another part hungered to rip Ivor apart, another part of me wanted to crown her and another part of me wanted to lean down and taste her blood.

Clenching my hand, I pulled myself away from equation and moved across the room quick as lightning. I poured a glass of red wine and sat down, keeping my eyes on the sleeping beauty in my bed.

It didn't take long for her to stir and shoot up, breathing heavily. Her thoughts raced from theories of rape to others of equally distressing value. I looked away but tapped my ring against the glass to let her know I was in the room.

I felt her eyes on me and I heard her thoughts. I could've smirked but I didn't, I just turned to look at her. "How are you feeling?" I asked curtly.

Confusion washed over Celene's face. "What happened?" She asked, touching her no doubt, throbbing head.

"You passed out" I replied, watcing her carefully.

I stored away little bits of info I wanted to keep. Like the fact, she always bit her lip when she looked at me. "Where am I?" She asked, glancing around.

Curious little beasty wasn't she?

"My quarters" I replied, inner wincing at my hostility.

She still seemed confused and I sighed quietly. Standing up, I placed my glass of wine down and moved towards her.

Her eyes widened as I sat on the edge of the bed. Gritting my teeth, I lowered my hood. I still hadn't got used to the fact she had seen my face. A perfectly crafted image ruined after one night with her.

"I got to Ivor before he could do anything" I said, answering her inner thought.

Her eyes shot to mine. "Thank you" she said quietly.

"You may return to your own quarters" I replied before standing up.

I picked up my glass of wine and took a long drink as her intoxicating scent left the room and the door closed with a thud.

A/N

I'm so evil more teasing you guys.. tbh i wrote more than this and then I realised it might make it move too fast so I deleted it!
Ahahahaha

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Lots of love, Tavana
And as always, stay awesome bros!