Chapter 12

Katrin's POV

Things escalated quickly thanks to my ever nosy father who can't shut his mouth after me begging him to keep quiet. So now we're on a predicament that I'm not really sure how to handle.

After confirming to Kris that I am indeed pregnant with her child everyone went silent. Four adults sitting on a table not knowing what to say next and a kid who seems confused about the quietness of his surrounding.

I sent my dad a glare when I saw he was staring at me which made him avert his eyes elsewhere. I took a quick glance at Kris and saw her staring off in space maybe she's thinking of ways on how to get away from this situation? And that thought brought me to paranoia. 

What if she doesn't want this? What if she says this was a mistake? and that she does not want to be part of any of this and just left? Does she really have the heart to abandon her own flesh and blood? I mean she has Andy and from the looks of it, she's the kind of person who never turns their back on responsibilities.

Financially I can raise this kid by myself but I think I don't have the parental care and softness that this kid will need growing up but I also don't want to push this ordeal on Kris. I want her to come to terms with everything and decide on her own whether she's in or not, but I do hope she stays.

Kris' phone ringing brought us back to reality. 

"Hello"

"we're at Mcdonalds

"okey I'll bring him out"

"Bye" she said ending the call.

"Andy come on, Nana's waiting outside" Kris said standing up and then help Andy out his sit.

I felt a bit disappointed with Kris parting with us already without even settling the matter at hand. Maybe everything that I was thinking was right, maybe she doesn't really want to be part of this. I think Kris must have heard my thought when he looked at me and then said

"I'll come back okay? We'll talk about what's the best way to tackle the situation. I'll just take Andy to my Mom and then get back here. Is that okay?" She said with gentleness in her eyes.

I just nod but was surprised when I felt little Andy tag at my hand and then said,

"You ate a baby?" Andy spoke with seriousness in his voice.

That got everyone one of us to laugh uncontrollably even my dad snorted. Wow, what an innocent yet hilarious question coming from a two-year-old. Looking at Andy he really is the exact replica of Kris in every aspect except his hair is brunette.

"No Andy, Katrin didn't eat the baby. It just grew inside her tummy" My dad answered Andy's wondering mind.

"How baby grows inside tummy??? will baby grow inside my tummy?" Another question from the two-year-old. This time we didn't laugh instead we look at each other to see who will answer the kid's curiosity.

"Yes Andy, I ate the baby" I finally answered to end the kid's inquisition.

"Come on Andy, Nana's waiting" Kris said picking Andy up in her arms.

"I'll be back" she said looking at me.

 "Bye Mr. Kristoff! Bye Ms. Terry! Bye Ms. Katrin!" Andy said waving at us. The three of us smiled and wave back.

"Remind me to never put myself in that situation. Man, that kid got a lot of curiosity."  Terry said while laughing after Kris and Andy disappeared.

"Well he is a smart kid, and I'm happy to have him as a grandson" my dad said dreamily.

"Speaking of grandkid, Dad, really?? Do you really have to blurt that out here? we're in a public place and anyone could have heard. And to make it worst I beg you to let me be the one to tell her that I'm pregnant. I wanted to be the one to say it to her ALONE" I said getting work up.

"Honey, relax. It all worked out. Now Kris knows you're carrying her kid and by the looks of it she's accepting and will support you" my father stated holding my hand.

"But Dad you could have given me the privilege of telling her by my self and somewhere more private than a fast food restaurant" I said getting emotional. Damn hormones!

"I'm sorry pumpkin, it will all gonna be okay. I promise" Dad said standing up and hugging me.

"Thanks Dad" I said huging him back.

"I'm really excited for this kid to come. I'm gonna be the awesomeness Aunt to him, or her. I'll make sure to spoil them rotten and be the fun loving person they needed" Terry said with sparkling eyes.

"Woooo there Terry, you're moving to fast. I'm glad my kid isn't hearing this or they might want to come out faster than the speeding bullet" I said laughing at Terry.

Terry answered me with a pout. She sure is giddy and excited to be part of this kid's life. I'm happy though at least I'm sure that this kid will be surrounded with people who will take of them and grow up with people that will matter in their life.

I wonder if Kris family will be accepting of the news. I mean the manner this kid was conceived was not ideal but we couldn't do anything about that now since I'm already expecting. I want them to be part of his or her life. I want my kid to grow up knowing that family is home. No matter the circumstances of life be, they can always go home to their family.

"Hey, it will be okay, okay? Kris will stay" Terry said squishing my hand giving me comfort.

As if on cue, Kris entered the door and immediately sat on her previous sit.

"So what's your plan?" she said staring directly in my eyes making me be lost again. She really has the most mesmerizing pair of eyes I ever saw.

"Well, first I want to know if you will take full responsibility for my grandchild" My dad speaking for me. Thank God for him because I'm currently lost for words.

"of course! that's my kid, even though the circumstances are not ideal I will stand by my kid" Kris said with determination.

"I'm glad, you see Kris, Katrin is my only child, I always envisioned her growing successful and having the life that suits her" My dad said towards Kris sounding intimidating.

"we all want our child to have a good life Kristoff. I'm also a father as you see so I have only the best interests for my kid and now soon to be child" Kris said not being fazed by my father's boldness.

"Great! I like that we are on the same boat with regards to our love one" Dad said tuning his voice down.

"I only want the best for my kids" Kris replied.

"We all want what's best for the kid, so with that in mind, I don't them growing up with a single mom or to be at different house every other day. It will be difficult to have a stable life for them" Dad said. I think I know where this is heading to.

"What are you pointing at Kristoff?" Kris asked confused.

"Marry Katrin" My father said with seriousness in his voice.

I just look at him thinking he's crazy while Terry was choking on her drink. Kris seems quite with his statement.

"What do you think Kris?" Dad said after a long moment of silence.

"Dad --" I started saying

"Honey, if Kris wants to be part of the kid's life, she must be 100% committed to the child's life so as yours." My father said with gentleness in his eyes.

"....."

We went back to being silent and I was contemplating if this is even a good idea. I was pulled out of my thoughts by Kris talking.

"When is the wedding?" Kris butted in surprising me.