4 | consequences

note: my account is a spoiler-free zone for endgame. any direct spoilers for it with no warning will be deleted for the sake of those who haven't been able to see it yet. if you want to put a spoiler, comment "ENDGAME SPOILER" and then reply to your comment with the spoiler so it isn't visible unless you click on the replies. thank you!

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
chapter four
CONSEQUENCES
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐chapter fourCONSEQUENCES└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

───── ─────

LENA'S LEG BOUNCES UP and down uncontrollably, but even that doesn't seem to be enough to calm the nerves racing at the speed of light within her. She's used to the sensation that makes her skin itch, warning that something catastrophic will happen if she doesn't do something to release the restless energy coiling in her veins. Her thumbs twiddle as well, but it barely helps.

She'd thought she'd gotten better since meeting Tony. Together, they'd tried to figure out what her parents had done to create her powers. She'd spent countless hours in his secret lab that still remains in New York City. They'd run test after test with little to no success, though Tony had managed to tweak something that had made the energy more manageable.

Maybe it's all going to shit now because of the treacherous situation they're in. She guesses that the man hadn't accounted for major stress to add another variable into the equation. Her mind only knows one way to deal with problems: movement.

The quinjet is smaller than it had looked on the outside. The seats are sparse and only seem to be used for takeoff and landing; there are rows of them on either side of the plane. Nobody else is sitting in one except Lena. The other Avengers are milling around with Steve and Sam at the front, Natasha sitting silently at one of the computers, and the others out of sight.

Bruce had sat next to her when the jet had lifted from the ground. Lena had squeezed his hand to the point of possibly breaking some bones, but he'd endured it without complaint as if he'd felt worse. Which he definitely has.

"Are you okay?"

Lena is able to place the voice to the proper owner before she even lifts her gaze from her rapidly-moving thumbs. Wanda Maximoff's thick Sokovian accent makes her voice unmistakable. When Lena finally looks up, she notices the red-haired girl leaning hesitantly against one wall of the jet. There's a respective distance between them that she's sure the older girl had done on purpose. In her early twenties, Wanda is the youngest person on this plane aside from Lena herself.

After a beat, Wanda scoffs at her own inquiry. "That was a stupid question— of course you are not okay." She glances around at the other Avengers who are scattered around, lowering her voice. "In fact, I don't think any of us are. And it is okay to be scared."