Chapter 1: She's married.

Amelia's bedroom above.

Amelia Smith-Black

It has been two months since I've been married. Some women like me would have probably gotten pregnant or even gave birth.

My husband barely speaks to me (not that I need him or want him to). I like the way things are. He's even not around most of the time.

I'm healing of a broken heart. I was left broken, shattered and alone by the person I gave all my love to, L-. Wait, I don't want to even say his name.

As much as I try to, I can't hate him.

In fact, I think I'm still in love with him.

Adam promised me that he will find away to get us both out of this marriage and I believe him. I know he will but my questions are.

Will things go back the way they were?

Will he and I get back together?

I don't think I will be able to forgive him for leaving me. He broke up with me through a stupid letter and he left when I needed him.

He literally ran away like a coward.

For the past two months, Adam has been working on some project in Iceland so I'm usually alone in this house.

Being married to Adam Black is the last thing I ever imagined. It's unbelievable.

One thing I believe for sure is, if L had stayed, I wouldn't have married Adam. Whatever the outcome is.

Someone knocks on my door so I ask them to come in.

"Good morning, Mrs Black." The maid greets as she comes in, holding my breakfast tray.

Mrs Black.

Will I ever get used to that? It feels so strange. When I first came here, I asked the maids to call me Amelia but they all don't want to.

"A low fat strawberry yoghurt and two red velvet pancakes with chocolate sauce just like you requested." The maid smiles.

"Yes, thank you." I smile looking at the delicious breakfast.

The maid smiles back and leaves the room.

I love this house. As much as I hate admitting, I do. I'm basically treated like a princess. I literally get everything I want. My mum never allowed me to have breakfast in bed.

After finishing my breakfast, I go in my bathroom and have a long shower. I'm going shopping with my best friends today.

When I come out, I go into my grand closet to choose what to wear. It's crazy how many clothes I have. I mean, I always had a lot of clothes since my parents are rich but being married to the Adam has it perks.

People and designers send me clothes a lot and I have a personal shopper. Adam hired her after we got married. She buys me clothes (with Adam's money) and sends them over time to time.

I wear a purple short dress and let my hair down then grab a pair of black boots.

My bedroom suddenly opens and I turn around to see Camilla. "Where the hell is your phone?" She asks. "I've been calling you since morning."

I shrug. "I don't know. You look great." I state, giving her a wink.

She flips her light blonde hair. "I know. Don't I always?" She smirks and sits on my bed.

"Where are the others?" I ask as I start my makeup.

When I'm doing my makeup by myself, I apply very little. Just some mascara, lip gloss and a little bit of concealer.