ELEVEN , REVISITING GLEN CAPRI

GLEN CAPRI WAS a runner up for one of the worst places Harper had ever visited in her seventeen years of existence, tucked right under Eichen House itself

GLEN CAPRI WAS a runner up for one of the worst places Harper had ever visited in her seventeen years of existence, tucked right under Eichen House itself. Any memory she had of the place consisted of dark words and horrible feelings. Not only was it the place that started the rough patch between Harper and Stiles, but it was also where some of her best friends had tried to kill themselves.

After twenty minutes or so of looking, Derek, Peter, and Harper had found that Harry's phone had been last used at that exact motel. Harper couldn't believe it at first. She had no idea if it was pure coincidence, or if Harry had gone their intentionally. Either way, Harper still knew what she had to do.

"Hello?" She held her phone to her ear, ignoring Derek and Peter who were looking at her expectantly, "yeah, I'm calling to see if you have anyone called Harry Valack staying there."

"Harry Valack?" Harper could tell it was the same woman from before due to her raspy voice, most likely from years and years of chainsmoking, "nope, nothing here, sweetheart. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Huffing in defeat, Harper replied, "no. Thank you."

She hung up the phone and looked to the two men, "she said-"

"We know," Derek cut in, "werewolf hearing, remember?"

Harper rolled her eyes, dropping back down onto the couch, "I don't get it. If his phone is there, why isn't he?"

"He's probably using a fake name," Peter explained, "if he's on the run from the Eichen workers and he's not welcome by the Sheriff of Beacon Hills, he most likely didn't want anyone to find him."

Standing back up, Harper nodded and shrugged her coat on, "thank you both, honestly."

"Where are you going?" Derek demanded as the brunette headed for the sliding doors, ready to leave, "don't tell me that you're going to Glen Capri with those assassins still on the loose."

"I'm going with Stiles," the Empath claimed.

"Stiles," Peter repeated with a mocking laugh, "how is skinny, defenceless Stiles going to help you if an assassin tries to attack his precious, little jeep?"

Harper clenched her jaw, not appreciating the way he was talking about her boyfriend at all. In fact, she despised the way that people called him defenceless, they were practically labelling him useless. However, Harper believed he was so much more than that.

"Don't call him that," she snapped, her brows furrowed.

The blue-eyed man chuckled, "struck a nerve there."