Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Ella's POV:

So Declan wasn't lying when he said he was going to text me later. I thought that he would forget about it, but he didn't. Opening my phone, I text him back.

'Declan?'

'The one and only.' Declan replies almost instantly. My heartbeat speeds up in my chest. I'm actually texting Declan right now.

'Ha-ha, so funny.'

'Are you being sarcastic with me Lil' one?' I smile at this. When texting, I have so much more confidence. It's funny because I say things that I wouldn't usually say in person.

'Maybe.' I text back.

He sends me the smirking emoji and I laugh.. 'So...what r u up to?'

'I'm watching Netflix.' I respond.

'Come chill and watch Netflix with me, I'm bored.' He sends back a few seconds later.

I stare at my phone for a whole minute, shocked. Oh my goodness! He just asked me to go chill with him. I have never hung out with a boy alone before. Even if I did, what would I tell my mom?

'Are you serious?' I ask, twiddling my thumbs. I can't help but ask, because I've never once imagined or thought a boy would ask me, shy, nervous Ella, to hang out with them.

'Dead serious.'

'Are you sure?' I text, wanting to make sure I'm not dreaming.

'Positive, now get your cute butt over here!'

  Now I know I'm not dreaming. My eyes scan over the text three times, a boy really did just ask me to come over.

I reply with, 'Okay...'

Jumping out of bed, I turn off my Tv and walk into the bathroom to brush my hair. I don't want it to look like I just woke up. Once done, I head down the stairs to the kitchen and take out a couple of bags of popcorn.

No, I don't really like popcorn,  but it's a popular movie snack and I assume Declan, like most people, likes popcorn.

All ready to go, I make a quick trip around the house turning off the lights and also grab my car keys. Most of the time, I forget to turn off the lights and my mom gets mad, so I'm really trying to make a conscious effort to get out of that habit. On the way out, as I'm locking the door, a text comes from Declan. It's his address.

In my truck, I quickly type the address into Google Maps then start driving. On the way there, I decided to stop at a gas station and pick up a case of coke. I remember Declan drinking coke at the diner and we're going to need something to drink if we're having a movie marathon, so why not get coke?

I nervously hand over the money for the soda, looking everywhere but at the cashier. Once it's paid for, I scurry out and waste no time driving away.

The sun's setting streaking the sky in deep reds and oranges, the moon holds itself high, the shape of a crescent.

Right now, I'm driving through a little apartment complex. It's nice though. There are assorted flowers planted in front of the buildings and paved sidewalks. Google Maps said I have reached my destination, so I turn it off and park my car in the apartment building parking lot.

I check my phone to see if I'm at the right place and I am. So I send Declan a text saying 'What's your apartment number?' and within a minute he replies, 'twenty-six, top floor.'