Chapter 30

This is the last chapter of The Alpha's house I'm planning on starting a second book in the series if this one gets a good response. Please let me know what you think, and thank you for reading!

Penelope's POV

"You son of a-"

"Who are you yelling at?"

"You mother-"

"Take deep breaths!" James yells as he comes walking in, "What is wrong?"

"Nothing fits me. I bought tents to wear, and nothing will go over this baby bump." I yell trying to hold onto the anger instead of crying.

"He its okay. Here is a t-shirt that will fit." He hands me it while tip toeing around me.

"I decided I am not going to having kids." I declare and he just stares at me.
"Angel," he pauses trying to think of what he could say without setting me off, "You are nine months pregnant. You are about to give birth any moment, so I don't think you can decide that right now."

"I can, and I did." I shrug and walk to the stairs. I huff and spew angry words as I try to reach popcorn from the bottom shelf. I can't bend over with this belly and start yelling more.

"Hey, I got it. You are supposed to be on bed rest, so why don't you lay on the couch and I'll bring you the popcorn." I nod at my nice mate and grumble as I shuffle to the couch.

Before I sit down, I feel wetness spread between my legs and start sobbing.

"Angel, what's wrong?" James asks worriedly as he drops the popcorn and rushes over.

Embarrassed, I pull him closer and whisper in his ear, "I think I peed myself, again."

"That's okay, do you want to take a bath?" I nod and take another step, but when I do more liquid gushes from below. I tightly grab his wrist stopping him from moving, "actually- I think my water just broke."

"So you are having the babies after all?" he jokes, and I just glare at him.

Getting the hint he shuts up and carries me to the car. He drives me to the hospital as the first contraction hits. I cross my legs not wanting to give birth. I am really excited to finally have the twins here with us, but I'm feeling anxious and Storm is on edge. I know if there is danger James and Ezra would also be on edge, so everything must be okay. When we get to the pack hospital, James rushes me in with an unneeded sense of urgency. When I am all settled in a room, Owen casually comes in.

"Hurry, she is in labor! The babies are coming!" James shouts in his face.

"It is okay, Alpha. She is only two centimeters dilated, so it will be awhile until she is pushing." Owen reassures him, "Penelope, I need you to uncross your legs and try to relax." He says looking at me.

I nod and hesitantly uncross my legs. Owen smiles and leaves to tend to the other patients.

"Do you need anything? Also who do you want me to mindlink? My mom? Your mom? Ella? Wren?"

I cut him off, "Just mindlink everyone, and maybe get a snack."

He nods leaving me alone. As soon as he left I took a deep breath. I try to relax like Owen said, but I still feel like something bad is going to happen. I lean back, and try to think of the twin.

"Okay, so everyone is on their way, except for Ryan and Wren because Wren is also in labor."

"Really?" I ask. "Our kids will have the same birthday. We can do joint parties!"

"I am glad you are okay with it, I was worried you would be upset."

I nod and talk to him trying to get my mind off of my worries. The hours go by and my contractions are getting stronger and closer together. It's excruciating, but I have it better than Wren. She is only at two centimeters dilated and has been laboring for as long as me.

"Okay, it looks like you are at 10 centimeters. Time to push Luna." Owen says.

I hesitate, but my body takes over. Time seems to stop and quicken all at the same time. I just focus and try to block out the pain. I feel as though I just blacked out because the next thing I know I hear the crying of my two babies. I am filled with delight, but can't stop the nagging feeling at the back of my mind.

"Looks like you have a boy and a girl, Luna." Owen announces.

I feel the tears stream down my face as I look at my babies. James hands me our son and then picks up our daughter. As everyone else leaves James joins me on the bed.

"What are you thinking for the names?"

"What about we name her Rose after my adoptive mom, and we name him William after your father."

"That's perfect." he says before kissing me.

We settle into a content silence staring at our perfect babies. I was ready to sit there for the rest of time when the silence was broken by an unsuspected voice.

"You were destined to be a Luna. The mother of the pack, and the mother of the saviours. Great evil is entering this world, and your pups will be the ones to save the werewolf world." The moon goddess spoke in my head.

I was filled with dread. I knew I was feeling anxious for a reason. I want to tell James what she said, but he looks so happy. I don't want to burst his bubble by telling them our children our born with the burden of saving all werewolves. I don't want to tell him great evil is entering our world; putting all of us in danger. I just want to enjoy this moment with my family.