Can we fix us?

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

"And now you know the truth." Now she knew, she knew exactly what happened and she just didn't know what she was supposed to say. Words just left her. She stared into those bright red eyes burning from the fact she didn't say anything, her heart fell silent. He wanted her to say something and she knew that but she couldn't make her lips move. As if she was stuck underwater, everything was slow and warbled as he grabbed onto his hair letting out an aggravated sigh. But her mind was blank and her eyes wide as she stared at him. His eyes desperately searched her... waiting.

She just wasn't expecting him to say this, over the years many thoughts as to why he left her, maybe he got bored or he just never really loved her but just pretended. But this, this she didn't expect.

"Are you just going to just stay silent? After everything that I just told you? You don't even have a word to say?!" He would never admit it but the silence was killing him inside, and the fact that he didn't know what was going through her mind only made it worse.

His comment almost seemed like it had woken her up from a dream because her eyes again had some sort of spark in them but it died down as fast as it came because it was replaced by a burning fire.

"What do you want me to say?! Huh? That I forgive you that you left me because you were protecting me? Because I have already forgiven you for that Romeo... I'm silent because of the fact that you didn't even say goodbye, that's what hurts me the most in this situation, for the fact that you made my brother a messenger to tell me that my fiancé had left me and I didn't know why or the fact that you never came back after some years making me think over everything that I did because I didn't know what I did wrong to make you leave. You couldn't even look me in the eyes as you ran away. And some may think that I'm exaggerating and maybe I am, but I just can't help it... I can't help it that every time I look at you I can only see the man that is not only my love but also my heartbreak." She knew she shouldn't be reacting this way, she knew that she was overreacting so badly that a passer-by would think she was crazy but she couldn't help it because that's how she was feeling and she was going to show him exactly that.

"Do you think I would have been able to look you in the eyes and walk away? No, no I wouldn't have I would have broken down the moment that I looked into your eyes and I know I hurt you but that is exactly why I came here. Because I want to fix this! I want to fix us!" As Romeo scanned her face for a reaction the silence hung in the air like the suspended moment before a falling glass shatters on the ground. The silence was poison to them, for in that void of sound the shallowness of their conversation was laid bare.

After a second Natalia's shoulders relaxed slightly as her eyes softened before she barely let the words leave her mouth.

"Can we? Can we fix us?" When he heard this he moved forward toward her being grateful that she didn't move away from him and picked up her hands and held onto them for dear life as if she was about to disappear right in front of him.

"Of course we can! For the sole fact that I'm standing right here with you! Because after all those years, you still wearing the engagement ring... Please, give us one more chance. Give me one last chance...because we are right together. I want... us to have a life that we dreamed about all those years back.." She stared into his eyes and he could see some uncertainty behind them but he also had some sort of glint of hope which he was going to grab on if it meant they would be together again.

"Just you, and me. The highway, the radio, the blue sky, the back roads, my music, you're dancing and the windows down. We'll talk about everything and nothing. We'll sing our hearts out, and we'll make memories we'll never forget. Just please tell me you want the same thing."

She hesitantly looked up at him when he said that. The swirls of emotion she saw made her feel like she was on a roller coaster. However, before she could ponder about it further, he yanked her closer to him and covered her mouth with his in a deep kiss. As their lips crushed together, they felt like they were walking on air. It was magic, the way his lips connected with hers. His mouth was so warm, the caress of his lips softer than she remembered.

 His mouth was so warm, the caress of his lips softer than she remembered

Unexpectedly, his hand drifted to her hip. It settled there and pulled her closer. She inhaled sharply. She was against his warm chest, chiselled to perfection. Must he be so perfect? She splayed her hand against it, intending to push him away, but instead, she left it there.

The way he kissed her made the world fall away. It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be.

When he kissed her his brain lit on fire and the warmth spread throughout his entire body. After that he was addicted, he couldn't bear not to be with her anymore and he could barely breathe. This kiss was his salvation and his torment. He lived for them and he would die with the memory of them on his lips. He dedicated his life to being with her from the moment of that kiss, for he knew that if I lost her again he would completely lose myself. She was the half that made him whole.

She slowly pulled away a bit so their foreheads were right against each other letting out a sigh as she looked right into his eyes that held so much hope it made a smile appear on her face. "I do..."

That was enough for him to reconnect his lips with hers as he closed his eyes not able to contain his happiness. He knew that in that exact moment, he would never leave her and she would never regret giving their relationship a second chance.

They were together again and only death would be able to separate them from now on

A/NHey, this is just a little heads up, I am on vacation overseas for two weeks so if my uploading schedule is all over the place this is the reason why and if my vacation does affect my uploading schedule I apologise in advance

A/N
Hey, this is just a little heads up, I am on vacation overseas for two weeks so if my uploading schedule is all over the place this is the reason why and if my vacation does affect my uploading schedule I apologise in advance.