1.03

Silvi licked her paws as she stared at Mason in boredom. She wasn't used to just sitting around all day, but in order to keep an eye on Mason she refused to leave his side. When she was in the higher realm, she usually spent most of her time either managing world or managing the higher realm itself.

Silvi could finally sympathize with Mason. After being trapped in the house all day with nothing to do, she could see how he would feel bored or upset. It wasn't as if he couldn't go outside, but his parents refused to let him leave the house. They were afraid that if he went out so soon after his accident, he would get into another one.

It had been a little over a week since Mason had taken her in, but nothing really changed. True to his character, Mason was very gentle and weak-willed, staying true to his parent's will, only daring to entertain the idea of leaving in his head. Although Silvi wasn't sure how long things would stay that way.

"Silver....Susan should be coming back today." Mason said softly.

Silvi snorted and rolled her eyes. Personally, she thought the name Silver was unbefitting, but she figured it would have to do. While in the form of a cat she couldn't let him know of her thoughts, so she forced herself to be satisfied with the name he had given her.

"What should I do?" Mason asked quietly.

Silvi thought the answer was extremely obvious. Susan already had a fiancé who she planned to marry, so the best option would be to stop whatever tryst was going on between them. But since she couldn't advise him on the matter, she simply meowed instead.

"I know...but I still love her." Mason said as he bit his lip.

'But does she love you?' is what Silvi wanted to ask but couldn't.

Truthfully, Silvi didn't understand love. She never experienced it but had heard plenty of stories from Goli who, in her mortal life, experienced the bitter flavor of unrequited love.

"I shouldn't be doing this to myself," Mason said absentmindedly. "Waiting, hoping, wishing, she would tell me why things ended this way."

'You know why things ended up this way though,' Silvi thought with a sigh.

Looking at Mason's behavior she couldn't help but think of the original third prince. She was sure with his personality he would have never allowed himself to suffer from an unrequited love. Then again, she had never heard of the third prince being in love.

Picking up Silvi, Mason lifted her up to his face and said, "I've made up my mind." Placing a small kiss on her head he said, "Thank you for listening Silver."

'It's what I ought to do your highness.'