chapter 35- Hope Of Finding

Ashleigh’s POV

I sat on the bloody stiff mattress, the jacket that bane had given me covered my shaking and weak torso, and a blanket was thrown over my legs. The bitter cold of the tunnels didn’t faze any of bane’s men. I looked at the exit of the tent and saw the silhouette of a man holding a gun, supposedly guarding the door, so none of Bane’s men would think about trying to get in here. I saw it as a way to stop me running away. I sighed and pulled the jacket closer to me, I hated the cold, all I wanted was warmth and I would never find it in Gotham’s underworld.  Then in the distance the sound of voices, a large group of voices gathering around something, I pulled my jacket tight and walked towards the tents exit, I opened the tent door slightly. I looked to my left to see a guard looking at me with a bemused smile, “Bane’s back, hopefully with news of our rise.” I nodded and looked at the gathering crowd, suddenly the fevered voices of their rise into Gotham ceased, allowing Bane to make a speech. I looked over the crowd to see a bloody and bruised Bane standing above his men, every man cheered rise, but bane cut them off with a single wave of a hand, “my men this will not be a speech, but Gotham is no longer protected by the bat.” Suddenly cheers broke out once again, “both Gotham and the Batman have fallen, and now it is our time to rise from the ashes and liberate Gotham city!” no matter how harsh the wound was which was carved through his torso he still gave his men hope of power. I walked back into the tent and sat once again on the bloody mattress. Soon the recognisable footsteps of bane approached the entrance of the tent; he talked to the guard releasing him of his duty to guard me.

Bane’s eyes gripped me as soon as he walked into his sanctuary; he shrugged off his rough leather trench coat, and laid in on a metal box in the corner of the room, not that he was in a short distance of me I could see the damage done to him, the mouth piece he wore was twisted as the pipes with gave him his aesthetic were out of place. His torso was red with his blood from his gaping wound, and every inch of him was bruised. “Aren’t you in pain?” Bane looked at me, he began to walk towards me but suddenly he faltered. He fell to his knees. Pain was starting to enter his body from his new wounds. He looked down at his torso and then to me, his eyes held pain as blood poured from the gaping wound onto the cold damp floor of the tent. I watched him carefully as his head lulled forward, I was so tempted to cry out for help but his men were like wild dogs, they would turn on him at any moment. I slipped of the bloody bed and scrambled to the large metal medical trunk; I pulled it back over to the bed and flipped the lid up. The box was filled with enough medical supplies to set up a pop up hospital; I shook my head from distant thoughts, and looked at Bane over my shoulder who hadn’t moved from his kneeling position. I looked around me to think of what to do; he was going to die if I didn’t do something soon.

 I placed my hands firmly on Bane’s shoulders and as slowly as possible I lowered him to the bloody bed. His breathing was shaky as his aesthetic was not entering his system. I leaned over Bane trying not to disturb any part of him; I gently twisted each pipe from his mask back into place. I looked into his black predatory eyes, to see he was staring at me intensely. I moved away from his mask as I could see he was slowly breathing deeply. I turned back to the medical trunk and pulled out a hooked needle, and thick stitch thread. Even with his aesthetic this was going to hurt him. I pulled out a small plastic bottle of medical alcohol; I turned round to see Bane pushing himself into a sitting position, the once undisturbed wound began to pour out deep crimson blood. I placed down the medical supplies, and stood up in front of Bane. His eyes still black and as daunting as ever, “you need to lie down so I can do this.” But he didn’t listen; he pushed himself off the bed and made his way over to his thick trench coat. I scrambled over to where he stood and slid in front of him; I pressed my open hands on his hard muscular chest and pushed hard, but this didn’t nothing but cause me to struggle. As Bane reached for his trench coat without even trying to negotiate with me, I sighed harshly and decided to try a different tactic, “Bane please just lie down for me, I promise you it’ll be over quickly.” I didn’t even try to flirt with him, he leaned down to my eye level and gave me his answer in his metallic rasp, “fine.” He turned away from me and lied down on the bleak looking mattress.

I sighed and follow suit, I grabbed the bottle of rubbing alcohol and a thick gauze. Bane’s eyes were trained on my every move. I gulped hard and looked back at his wound, and began to think about warning him about the rubbing alcohol, to I agreed against it. I pressed hard on the wound with the alcohol soaked gauze gain a metallic hiss from Bane. I quickly dabbed away any blood from bane’s wound, and disinfected it enough with the alcohol, I sigh and grabbed the hooked needle and thick thread. I concentrated on the wound in front of me rather than the hawk like gaze coming from Bane; I pushed the needle into his thick skin and quickly and neatly stitched together the gaping wound. Each stitch was pulled tighter by the next, which soon closed the gap. I pulled sharply on the last stitch securing the wound; I knotted the thick thread and quickly bit it to tie it off. I looked back up the large wound to find Banes eyes looking at me intensely. I wanted to look away but I felt like prey for this huge beast, and with a sudden force I was surrounded by the huge arms of bane. I pushed against his chest trying to get free of his arms, but Bane only held me tighter, “Ashleigh there is no use, the scarecrow will never find you.” But one thing I had was hope and I wouldn’t stop hoping that he would find me.