10.

The next day I was with a client in The Emporium – the finest fashion house in all of Trinity

The next day I was with a client in The Emporium – the finest fashion house in all of Trinity. My client wanted to check out some wedding dresses and also place a custom order for her bridesmaid's dresses. The bride-to-be was busy trying dresses and I was talking to the personal shopper who was giving me some amazing tips to find a flattering dress based on my body type.

Suddenly, I saw a familiar face. It was Leo talking to the owner and roaming around the shop. What the hell is that creepy guy's problem? Why does he always run into me?

He saw me and looked away. It was funny how he was trying to ignore me today but yesterday he had someone point a gun to my head. I turned my attention to the bride who had just tried on a new outfit and was strutting around. She shortlisted this outfit and went on to try the others suggested by the personal shopper.

When Leo came by the entrance, he stopped and looked at me. It was my turn to pretend to ignore him. From the corner of my eye, I saw him approach me. The nearer he got, the faster my heart raced. I hate how I wouldn't stop feeling that stupid sensation, despite being aware that this guy was danger.

"Meg." He said. There was a sense of hesitance in his voice. I couldn't point out what and why it was.

I pretended to not hear him and continued humming a tune while doodling in my planner.

Leo cleared his throat and tried again, "Meg." He said. This time his voice was confident and powerful.

"Huh? Yes." I innocently batted my eyelashes and made the most clueless face ever. "Oh Leo, you? Surprised seeing you here." I said, keeping up my charade.

His not-so-subtle eye roll made me realize that he saw right through my act. Who was I kidding? A gangster like him could see right through people. 

"Do you have a minute to spare? I need to talk to you. It is about yesterday." He said, getting straight to the point.

Even though I was angry at him for pointing a gun at me and scared that he may kill me any time he desires, I had a strong urge to hear him out. A part of me still refused to believe that Leo could be a bad guy. He is an arrogant jerk, no doubt but I cannot imagine him to be a bad person. I still had a strong feeling that deep down he was a good guy.

I glanced in my client's direction– she was still busy trying her dresses. I could afford to spare some time and hear him out.

"All right but you have only five minutes. I'm working."

I don't know if I imagined it but I certainly felt Leo's dark eyes brightening slightly.

We went to a secluded corner.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, unable to stop my curiosity.

"The owner is a close friend." He answered. "But I guess we should get to the point."