11.

A week had passed and it was already time for Gigi's engagement announcement party

A week had passed and it was already time for Gigi's engagement announcement party. I had met Gigi every day leading to the day of the party just to go over everything. While I'd been meeting Gigi and Andrew quiet regularly, there was no news of Leo. I tried to shrug it off but it bothered me. I hated that I missed him. It had been such a short while since we knew each other and in this short span, I'd gone from hating him to actually finding him tolerable to hating him again only to start missing him.

It was finally the day of Gigi's announcement party. Upon Emily's suggestion I wore that fancy blush coloured satin ball gown that I'd brought for a friend's wedding. Emily also made a rose gold masquerade mask for me to match my dress. Her eye for fashion was always a good thing for me.

When I arrived at Aquamarine Palace, the party had already started. I was late because I had to drop by the bakery to make sure those party favour macaroons were ready and I had to make sure they would be delivered on time.

I slipped on the mask and mingled in the crowd. From a distance, I saw Gigi's highlighted hair. She wore a lavender dress and a matching mask. The music was playing loudly. I approached her and she greeted me with a hug.

"Meg, I'm so happy to see you." Gigi said,  "Andrew was searching for you. He wanted to talk to you about some allergy friendly menu."

"I'll talk to him."

"He went outside through the backdoor to smoke."

She was practically screaming to make herself heard through this noise.

I made my way through the crowd and went through the backdoor and ended up in a passage. I took a turn and went to the exit. Luckily, I'd been to Aquamarine plenty times to know every nook and corner.

"NO!! HELP LEAVE ME ALONE!"

I quickly rushed outside and saw Andrew. Few men were forcing him into a strange white car. I yelled and ran towards them. One of those guys noticed me and quickly drove away. I ran behind them but they'd already vanished out of my sight.

Oh my god! Andrew was kidnapped and I had no clue what to do. Should I tell Gigi? No, she'd freak out. This was bad. I had to do something. Frantically, I headed inside the ballroom.

When I was entering, I ended up crashing into a guy.  Even in the dimly lit room and even through a masquerade mask, I recognized him. I removed my mask.

"Leo something has happened."

"What?" He shouted.

Ugh this crappy music. I took his hand and led him outside in the secluded passage. When we were out, he removed his silver mask.

"I thought you never wanted to see me again." He said, crossing his arms.

"There's no time for that. Andrew... Andrew has been kidnapped."