Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

You're The One to Talk.

Anna

"So, you're not walking home with us?" Sophie asks as we walk down the hallway of our school.

"Luke insisted on giving me a ride since I'm going to his house. It's probably just a one time thing," I tell them, pushing through the double doors of the exit.

"It's alright, Anna. Besides, that might give you a chance to hang out with your soulmate," Riley grins, nudging me.

I groan, "You're still on this?"

We walk to the parking lot where the other people at. Some are already getting in their vehicles and driving away to escape from this Avernus-pit.

"Of course, we're still on this," Colette crosses her arms, raising a perfectly arched eyebrow at me as she comes to a stop and we do too.

"You still believe in the whole 'Luke and I being perfect together because of our similarities' thing?" I cross my arms too.

"Duh," Sophie says.

"You and Fiona were complete opposites, Fiona and Luke were complete opposites, think about it," Colette claims, tapping the side of her head with her finger.

"True," Riley and Sophie nod.

"Guys, come on. Will you stop saying that?" I tell them. "Nothing will happen between me and Luke, alright?"

"Are you sure about that?" Sophie asks.

"Yes," I insist.

"Are you really sure about that?" Riley raises both eyebrows in question.

"Yes," I repeat. "Hundred percent sure."

"And if the complete opposite happens?" Colette pipes up.

"Then that means that the world has gone completely crazy, or at least me," I frown.

"I'm convinced," Sophie shrugs.

"Same," Lottie and Riley nod and I roll my eyes at my friends.

"Did you ask Luke to the Christmas party?" Colette queries.

"Not yet," I reply. "I will today though."

"Yes!" Sophie cheers, holding up a palm and I hit it with mine.

"We're still on for Saturday, right?" Riley questions.

"Yup," I nod.

"Totally," Lottie says.

"Hey, Cherries!" I hear a deep voice calling out and I turn my head towards the familiar masculine voice.

"You coming?" Luke yells.

"I'll be there!" I yell back.

"Cherries? That's a good start," Sophie teases.

"Oh, shut up," I say over my shoulder as I walk over to Luke and I hear my three friends laughing.

| | | |

"Mom, I'm home!" Luke shouts as soon as we walk inside the house.

The interior of the house is more gorgeous than it is on the outside. Its walls are painted fresh white and as we walk inside to the living room, I see a few pictures of Luke and his family, but minus his father.

The living room is truly extraordinary as well. The wooden floor is covered with a beautiful, white/brown, Victorian patterned carpet. There is a glass table in the middle of the room with a set of furniture surrounding it.