V

M

M

Stupid.

I was stupid.

How foolish could I be?

I'd practically told Damien I was a witness to his crimes, something he never would have found out if I'd just kept my mouth shut. Now I was worrying, worrying endlessly over what he would do to me now that he knew.

Would he kill me?

He easily could even if I wouldn't tell anyone else what I knew. He had to put himself first, how could he even trust me to keep this a secret?

These were the thoughts that plagued my mind for the entirety of my day as I served at Loretta's. I was scared he would walk in at some point, gun at the ready before pointing right at me with those dead eyes of his.

The sound of the overhead door bell every time a customer entered had me nervous. Each and every time it was someone else and not him and I was relieved.

For now.

After saying my goodbyes to Loretta and Cori who would be closing tonight, I stepped out into the breeze. The sunny spells we'd gotten these past few days were no more and we were left with a chilly warmth.

Walking down the street, I greeted those around me from time to time as I made my way home. I was only about five minutes into my walk when I felt the tiny droplets of rain fall down onto my face.

It was a light drizzle that soon developed into heavy rain in such little time. I cursed at my luck, realising I didn't bring my umbrella.

My hair was gonna hate me..

I had another 30 minutes of a walk left before I even got to my apartment but in this rain it would take longer. Finding shelter by the entrance of a random shop, I looked at the many cars that sped past along with pedestrians with their umbrella's.

The rain was not yielding and I knew it would be a while before the skies cleared. So I decided it was best to wait it out until the rain lessened but fate had other plans.

As I wrapped my arms around my body, my sights fell to a blacked out car cruising slowly down the street. I didn't like how slow it was moving, more importantly I didn't like how it came to a sudden halt in front of where I stood.

The only thing separating me from the car was the footpath but it wasn't enough. I stared on in anticipation, waiting for the worst to happen and the worst did happen.

Damien stepped out.

Holding his suit jacket over his head as a shield from the rain, he approached me but I was already on the move. Fleeing from the cover, I proceeded to make my way home with a determined mobster following closely behind me.

"Mina." Damien called out for me, his hand gently tugging me back by my wrist once he closed the gap. "We need to talk." He spoke louder so I could hear him as the rain continued to hammer down on us.